First Time Questions

Pinky 23

I will be cruising for my first time on the Breakaway this July and I just have a couple of questions. I've tried to figure out as much on my own as possible, but haven't been able to find all the answers.

1. We will be a group of 10 spread out over 4 rooms. We are hoping to be able to have dinner together at night. For the specialty restaurants, we were unable to make reservations for 10. I did get in touch with the group department, but was told out group was not large enough to qualify. Instead, we made 3 reservations (2 tables of 4 and a table of 2) for the 3 nights and we are hoping to be able to either combine the reservations, slide tables together, or at least be seated at 3 adjacent tables. Is this possible? Or is there a better way to go about this? The restaurants are Cagney's, Blue, and Moderno.

2. Two members of our group are in separate handicap rooms, and have arranged wheelchairs for boarding. Will our entire group be able to board together, or will they only allow those in the 2 handicap rooms to board together?

3. For the nights we eat at the MDRs, will we have any problems getting a table for 10? I don't expect to walk up and be seated right away, I understand there may be some wait, I just hope it's not impossible.

Thanks in advance for any help

seating in the MDR will not be an issue. You will just have to wait maybe 10 minutes? I would send the most mobile person to go stand in line and have everyone just trickle in so that the wait isn't too long. Some ships have the little disk that lights up when your table is ready.

10ppl/4 rooms is very doable. I've done 4/room.

I would assume you can board together w/ the 2 handicapped person. Who else would help them with their stuff is my thinking, but idk.

And don't worry about the specialty restaurants. It's never crowded as almost everyone goes to the buffet.

And don't worry about the specialty restaurants. It's never crowded as almost everyone goes to the buffet.

Completely disagree with this statement. With so many people getting the specialty dining promo the restaurants do get crowded, additionally the MDR's are normally quite full.

Completely disagree with this statement. With so many people getting the specialty dining promo the restaurants do get crowded, additionally the MDR's are normally quite full.

I forgot about that promo. The last time I sailed was on Nov 16 on the Jade and that promo didn't exist at that time. The restaurants were empty.

The MDR does get crowded, but my statement about the buffet is still true. The vast majority of the ship eats at the buffet. For the MDR, just get a lil disk that lights up when your table is ready. It's pretty chill and no different than any restaurant on land. I always eat super early (5pm) as it leaves room for seconds at 9pm at the buffet or round 2 in the MDR.

OP is sailing on Breakaway and the dining situation is different on the big ships. I agree that you shouldn't have much of a problem getting seated in the MDR with a party of 10, especially if you dine early or late. It sounds like you tried booking a large table over the phone and that's why you ended up with 3 separate tables. Once on-board and sooner rather than later, I'd suggest that you go to the dining reservations desk by the front desk and try to improve that. We had no problem getting a table for 10 in Cagneys and Moderno on Escape or for 8 on Breakaway but we ate late.

Not sure what constitutes late on a ship, but the reservations we currently have are all 8:30, and I imagine we will be eating around that time when we go to the MDR as well

I would suggest that you meet with the Restaurant Manager as soon as can after boarding and ask for their help. You can reach the Restaurant Manager through the Restaurant Reservations Desk located in the lobby.

I know online table reservations only go up to 6 people I believe. But can't you call and make a reservation for a table of 10 over the phone. We will have 10 people next year and was planning on making reservations as soon as it opens for us to do so.

Go see the mtd who does the booking at boarding, they will note the reservations together and seat your table accordingly to have 10.

Ideally it should be only those cabins with special assistance but they often sneak the rest of the party in. Have you linked your reservations with ncl? This helps with bookings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums