Montego Bay - Considering staying on the ship

engrdad

Sailing the Carnival Breeze in early November. After reviewing the excursions, we are considering staying on the ship in Montego Bay. We both have been to Jamaica before (not on cruise) and most all excursions include 4+ hours of driving back and forth to excursion. Only local one that I saw includes laying on the beach for the day. Not sure that is how we want to spend the day. We are in our early 50's but live an active lifestyle. Other ports of call on our trip include Grand Cayman and Cozumel. However, wanted to get input from others before making final plans. Thoughts or recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

We did Sunscape Splash through resort for a day.

It's 5 minutes from the ship. Transportation was included. No peddlers on the beach. There were numerous pools, a few slides, a lazy river and of course the beach.

The drinks were great and the food was pretty good too.

Non motorized water sports were included. Not sure what all was available, but we used the kayaks and it was so much fun.

One pool was dedicated to water aerobics for a good hour and they had an instructor there doing that.

We will definitely do it again when we go back to jamaica.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
We did Sunscape Splash through resort for a day.

It's 5 minutes from the ship. Transportation was included. No peddlers on the beach. There were numerous pools, a few slides, a lazy river and of course the beach.

Jewals.... This looks interesting but I am trying to find it on our Carnival Excursions site. The options given are:

All Inclusive Family Beach Resort Getaway

Secrets Adult All-Inclusive Beach Adventure

Montego Bay All Inclusive Day Pass

Beach Getaway with Unlimited Food & Drinks

Any idea of which you are referring to? Maybe which resort?

EDITED... My bad, just looked up Resort for a Day and found it.

Edited by engrdad

• 4 weeks later...
Sailing the Carnival Breeze in early November. After reviewing the excursions, we are considering staying on the ship in Montego Bay. We both have been to Jamaica before (not on cruise) and most all excursions include 4+ hours of driving back and forth to excursion. Only local one that I saw includes laying on the beach for the day. Not sure that is how we want to spend the day. We are in our early 50's but live an active lifestyle. Other ports of call on our trip include Grand Cayman and Cozumel. However, wanted to get input from others before making final plans. Thoughts or recommendations?

Hi. We went to Mayfield Falls about 7 years ago from the port at Montego Bay and had a blast!. It was 4 women, 2 in our 40's and 2 in their 70's. I remember the drive being maybe an hour, not much more, to get there. It's all uphill (!), but relatively close to Montego Bay. Only about 40 minutes to get back down. We just hired a taxi driver at the port, but it looks like there may be an organized excursion on viator.

It's beautifull!! Look it up online if you're interested. You walk across a hanging wood bridge, hike along the river, and actually through the water to all different sizes of falls. Guides go along with you and will take pictures of you with your own camera if you like. We were probably on the river for at least 2 to 3 hours. There was an option for lunch there, but we declined.

Our taxi driver ended up taking us to The Jerk Shack afterwards (back down in Montego Bay) for some delicious Jerk chicken right off the outside bbq grill. A local man chopped a coconut in half for us to sip the coconut water.

We still laugh and tell stories about that tour. It was a great day! I would recommend it.

I just sailed the same itinerary on the Dream. You can find my review of Jamaica on this board. My advice, stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet time as others go on land. The other ports are far better than mo bay. I'll not go back to Jamaica. Just my opinion.

I just sailed the same itinerary on the Dream. You can find my review of Jamaica on this board. My advice, stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet time as others go on land. The other ports are far better than mo bay. I'll not go back to Jamaica. Just my opinion.

You know what, done deal. We are staying on the freaking ship! We have long time friends staying on the ship, so we can enjoy some less crowed time with them.

• 1 month later...
You know what, done deal. We are staying on the freaking ship! We have long time friends staying on the ship, so we can enjoy some less crowed time with them.

We will be on same sailing with you. We to are still uncertain about what to do.