The Fish and Chips place on the Valor?

papa deuce

I took this form the ship's description on this site:

But the real diamond in the rough for lunch at Rosie's was the upstairs fish and chips restaurant. Try this one early in the week, since most passengers fail to discover it for at least half the cruise, meaning no lines and no waiting. "Fish and chips" is a misnomer. They do serve fish and chips, the fish deliciously battered and fried (and French fries the freshest, most cooked-to-order found anywhere on the ship). But that's only one choice. They also have a very nice Bouillabaisse, seared rare tuna served atop a fresh square of watermelon, fried oyster sandwiches and a bunch of other seafood delicacies.

So, all of my family absolutely LOVES Fish and Chips.... and I adore fried oysters...... so, can you tell me your opinions? And is this something we pay extra to use?

My 10 year old daughter goes CRAZY for seared tuna! :D

freeeeeeeeeeeeee......here is a pic of the fish n chips on the glory which is a similar ship to the glory:

P1030768.JPG

That looks great to me!

It is included in cost of the cruise.

Typically we have tried it on embarkation day and empty. However do find the fish kind of greasy so we usually do not go back.

I sure hope we don't find it that way.... Nothing worse than greasy fried foods, especially if the oil was old.

No its not extra cost. It is a little trickier to find, but then again that kind of helps control the crowd. I believe from the buffet area, keep going aft and then there is a stair case to the next deck and you go up. We ate there a few times. the first time it was not great, kind of seemed like they fried it and then put it back in the fryer to reheat it. But the other times it was good. Its one of the better tasting buffet option. The monogolian (wok) is good too but a huge line. This was more out of the way, really little if any line. Definitely worth a try, especially since the cost is included.

Where is it on the Valor?

In the buffet area near the section that usually has desserts you'll see two staircases going up on either side. It's up there. this is a hidden gem on conquest class ships. A good chunk of pax don't seem to realize there is also a good but of extra seating up there as well!! Even if you get food at the buffet, I highly recommend taking your tray and going up there.

That looks great to me!

I sure hope we don't find it that way.... Nothing worse than greasy fried foods, especially if the oil was old.

It has probably been a couple of years since we have tried it so hopefully it is better.

Nice thing about Conquest class is lots of choices for lunch.

In the buffet area near the section that usually has desserts you'll see two staircases going up on either side. It's up there. this is a hidden gem on conquest class ships. A good chunk of pax don't seem to realize there is also a good but of extra seating up there as well!! Even if you get food at the buffet, I highly recommend taking your tray and going up there.

Yeah I agree. That is why we ended up eating there more than once, even when the food was not as good the first day. The seating up there was very plentiful. The second day we were up sitting, there the other lines (downstairs) were long so I figured i would wait for the lines to die down before going back downstairs. Fish and chips had no line. So I thought I would try it again and if it was gross, I would just go get something else. it was much better that time, which led to eating there the third and fourth times. lol.

It has probably been a couple of years since we have tried it so hopefully it is better.

We were on the Glory last week, it was ok but greasy--did not return. I DID like the Mongolian grill--could be a brutally long line though-I waited 40 minutes the first time I went and the last day it looked to be an hour or more wait time............the other time I went-waited 10 minutes!! I liked it as it is cooked in front of you--very fresh. Pick your noodles and vegetables-take your bowl to the wok guys and pick a meat or fish and how hot you want. I figured it would be waay toned down as other things seem to be, nope; hot was pretty hot and medium was a little hot.

I like just about everything they have. The octapus salad isn't the best. The ceviche is fantastic. They don't have the seared tuna on watermelon anymore, now it's a watermelon and tuna tartar, still really good.

Fish and chips are great, oysters are just ok. My favorite is the zuchini/calamari fritters, delish!!

We were on the Glory last week, it was ok but greasy--did not return. I DID like the Mongolian grill--could be a brutally long line though-I waited 40 minutes the first time I went and the last day it looked to be an hour or more wait time............the other time I went-waited 10 minutes!! I liked it as it is cooked in front of you--very fresh. Pick your noodles and vegetables-take your bowl to the wok guys and pick a meat or fish and how hot you want. I figured it would be waay toned down as other things seem to be, nope; hot was pretty hot and medium was a little hot.

DW loves the Mongolian grill and is happy to wait on line. If you go early line is much shorter.

I like just about everything they have. The octapus salad isn't the best. The ceviche is fantastic. They don't have the seared tuna on watermelon anymore, now it's a watermelon and tuna tartar, still really good.

Fish and chips are great, oysters are just ok. My favorite is the zuchini/calamari fritters, delish!!

I agree the ceviche is really good. I was pleasantly surprised with the food at the fish and chips. The mongolian wok was my absolute favorite however.

If I want to get some things from the buffet to have with the fish and chips, do you think someone would take it up for me ? I don't think I could walk up the stairs carrying a platter of food, I'm not that stable on steps. I don't recall seeing an elevator on the deck plans that would be close , or is there ?

This is exactly how I feel with the exception thats its greasy(but still good)

We have had it numerous times over the last few years and never had a greasy piece of fish or greasy oyster....that would kill it for me! no worries

Just got off the Valor on Sunday. The Fish & Chips bar was the BEST part of the ship. The down side, they are only open 2.5 to 3 hours a day!! Never crowded! The fish and oysters are pretty heavily battered, but were never greasy. I ate there 5 of the 7 days. Ceviche is great! The calamari/shrimp fritters were AWESOME! Bouillabaisse and all the food was hot.

It's a shame it has such limited hours..............

The first time I tried the fish and chips place was on the Valor, and it was excellent, not greasy at all. But when we tried it on the Liberty it was only just ok, and the fried oysters were not good at all. So hopefully the quality is better by ship. Loved the Valor and Liberty, but the Valor fish and chip place was way better... Good luck, but give it a try.:)

Archived