RCI Mariner hump 8310???

marsda

I'm on the verge of selecting our E1 balcony, and 8310 is available. This is the very first cabin as the bulge begins. Is this still considered a "hump", and is the view as good as those in the center of the hump? This will be our first balcony... I have no clue what's good and what's not. Help!

Marsha

• 3 months later...

I never got any info on this cabin, so I wound up booking 7616, which is definitely a hump cabin. If you book directly through RCI the vacation planner will be able to tell you about the cabin, I think.

• 4 years later...
I never got any info on this cabin....

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if anyone could answer the original question about 8610 (or 8310)? I'm trying to better understand if there are advantages to being on the bump other than the view (which I know is a great plus if you get one of the middle bump rooms ~ doesn't look like that's an option at this point for our cruise).

We are looking at this room and are wondering if there is extra noise because of it being at the end of the hallway (right before people turn to the elevators).

Most people say the center of the bump out rooms are quiet, but I have not heard specifically about this last-edge-of-the-bump room.

Also, I have heard conflicting info on the size of the balconies on the bump out rooms on Mariner. Some say there is more room on the balcony from the angle of the bump out. Others say there is no extra space gained from being on the angle. If there isn't extra room in the balcony, does that mean there is extra space is in the room itself?

Thanks ahead of time for your help. :)

There is no "size" advantage to the "hump" area...it's pure and simple CONVENIENCE! Very close to the stairs and elevators, without having a noise issue...don't worry! The stairs and elevators are in their own foyer. It's not clearly shown on the deck plans. It's a great choice...no downside at all!

Archived