Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Royal Caribbean International

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Royal Caribbean International
NEW! Find Your ROYAL CARIBBEAN Roll Call

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default RCCL ship cabins?

Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.
Thanks

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomlover View Post
Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.
Thanks
Is a connecting room out of the question?

Upcoming Cruises

Completed Cruises

10-24-2009 (24th October 2009) Liberty of the Seas, 09-09-2012 (9th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-16-2012 (16th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-08-2013 (8th September 2013) Allure of the Seas

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

For 5 on Oasis your best bet is either the Royal Family Suite (sleeps 8) or the Family Interior Stateroom, which can accommodate 6.

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:41 AM
40,000+ Club

Quote:
Thanks
Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!

Old February 24th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

On deck 7 aft there are two Family Balcony Staterooms (FB) cabin numbers 7330 and 7730. These staterooms have a double bed, a double sofabed and 2 pullman beds arranged like bunk beds (one on top of the other). The balcony is longer too. I'm sure that someone posted video footage of one on you tube.

Cartoon Countdown Clock Generator

Allure Of The Seas October 2012
Oasis Of The Seas October 2010

Old February 24th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
I think that there are rooms for 5 or more that are held for larger parties and are not for sale to smaller groups [unless they are still available close to sailing] and hence do not appear on the website. You have to call RCI for info. But do consider connecting cabins - [very] occasionally it can be cheaper to get connecting cabins than cram everyone into one cabin - and that extra bathroom is really nice to have.

Thom

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion_Mom View Post
Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!

With 5 of them the two bathrooms would be a plus and well worth it.

"Click Here To Email Me"

Ferry 'Cross The Mersey - 1997 - Liverpool

Old February 24th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion_Mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMiz View Post
With 5 of them the two bathrooms would be a plus and well worth it.
IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).

Old February 24th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dog View Post
IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).
The other advantage of this arrangement is that you do not have to worry that the kids could go out on the balcony without you hearing it.

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Grandeur of the Seas –June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean.

Old February 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Another vote for 2 connecting cabins. You don't say the ages of your kids, but, if you need space for a pack n play or a crib or whatever, this would be my choice. Cabins are tiny, best bet and cheapest is 2 connecting, 2 TVs, 2 bathrooms, if kids are fighting or cranky, seperate them. Good luck!

Old February 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default 5 person cabin

several boardwalk balconys can hold 5, have 12327 booked for 5
Radiance of the Seas 7/22/2011