Electrical outlets on NCL?

avers007

I have read somewhere in these threads. There is only one outlet available in cabin and one outlet in bathroom. I have camera, mp3, etc.. Plus she wants to bring her own hair dryer etc.. Is it possible to use a multiple outlet 3expander or extension cord? Do the outlets have a typical 3prong or 2prong? And no problems running hair dryer without blowing a fuse? Last but not least she wants to use a iron. Do you ask your keeping to rent one? Or are they free to use? I read NOT to bring your own iron...

Hi avers007,

Yes, you should bring a surge protected power strip to plug in all your "stuff" :) ! If I recall correctly, the outlet in the cabin is 3 pronged.

Your DW shouldn't have a problem plugging in her hair dryer.

The outlet in the bathroom is for shavers only.

No, DO NOT bring an iron. They are prohibited on all cruise ships. The Sun doesn't have irons and boards available, but you can send things out to be pressed (for a charge).

You can also hang your clothes in the bathroom with the hot water on in the shower to reduce wrinkles. I've found that Downy Wrinkle Release works well unless your clothes are very wrinkled.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Yes, you can bring a power strip to plug in more electronics. Hair dryers are okay for every ship except the Spirit, which has smaller gauge Asian wiring. You are correct, in most cabins there is only one 3 prong 110 volt outlet in the room and one 2 prong 110 volt outlet in the bath room for razors.

Archived