Photo / Video Montage of Blue Hole, Beach and Scotchies

websiteauthor

This is a four minute video from our recent day trip to Jamaica on RCI. It shows pictures and video clips from the Blue Hole, a beach and Scotchie's restaurant.

If you're considering an excursion to one of these places you might like to check out the video for an advanced look.

Jamaica Day Trip

Thanks for the awesome pics! We are looking into this for our NCL cruise in December. Did you book through the cruiseline or directly through Courtney Taylor's? Were there any pushy vendors at the blue hole? And how cold was the water?

Thanks for all your info!:)

This is a four minute video from our recent day trip to Jamaica on RCI. It shows pictures and video clips from the Blue Hole, a beach and Scotchie's restaurant.

If you're considering an excursion to one of these places you might like to check out the video for an advanced look.

Jamaica Day Trip

Great video!! So enjoyed it as well as your photos on your blog.

Thanks for the awesome pics! We are looking into this for our NCL cruise in December. Did you book through the cruiseline or directly through Courtney Taylor's? Were there any pushy vendors at the blue hole? And how cold was the water?

Thanks for all your info!:)

Thanks! You have to book directly with Courtney . . . he told me that none of the cruise lines have excursions to the Blue Hole. This is largely because this location is very remote. You have to access it through a bumpy dirt road. it just isn't built up to handle the large crowds from the cruises, although he's been working on them for some time.

There were no vendors of any type at the site. It's just a parking area next to the Blue Hole. I think a few people may have been selling things from along side the road, but there were no pushy sales people that I saw.

Who do u book this thru?

We booked our excursion directly with Courtney Taylor. We thought he was terrific especially since you can customize the excursion to include whatever you want - he's extremely flexible and accommodating.

If you click the trip report link in my signature, you'll get a lot of details about the excursion, a link to Courtney's website, etc.

Thanks! You have to book directly with Courtney . . . he told me that none of the cruise lines have excursions to the Blue Hole. This is largely because this location is very remote. You have to access it through a bumpy dirt road. it just isn't built up to handle the large crowds from the cruises, although he's been working on them for some time.

There were no vendors of any type at the site. It's just a parking area next to the Blue Hole. I think a few people may have been selling things from along side the road, but there were no pushy sales people that I saw.

Thanks so much! How cold was the water?

Where did you port? Was time a factor in the tour? Did you ever not feel safe? First time cruiser and have same thing booked but heard many negatives about Jamaica.

We ported in Falmouth. It took over an hour to get to the Ocho Rios area which had me concerned, but we were able to get there, visit the Blue Hole, spend an hour on the beach as others went rubber tubing, have lunch at Scotchies and return to the ship with about an hour and a half to spare. Courtney was very conscious about when the ship was scheduled to depart.

I was a first time cruiser on this trip as well. We did our Cayman excursion thru RCI but this was our only private excursion, so I was nervous. Courtney's been doing this for over 10 years so he's got it down pretty well. Just make sure you tell him what time you must be back by at the start of the excursion.

Safety . . . as the Jamaicans would say, "no problem." The Blue Hole is very remote so no one is there but guides and a few other tourists. Courtney took us to a private beach area that was part of an enclosed community so it wasn't a public beach. I can't speak about the tubing experience but no one said anything negative. And Scotchies didn't have anyone hanging around to cause problems - the people working there were not friendly at all, but there was no concern about crime at that place either.

• 2 months later...