Falmouth Port to Start Screening All passengers for Ebola!!

andreakul

More Ebola Hysteria! Falmouth Township apparently just received $7 Million to buy some super sonic ebola screening machine that they apparently are going to subject all passengers too! I am supposed to go to this port after Christmas and now I don't even want to stop there!

See article:

http://www.travelpulse.com/opinions/column/jamaican-me-crazy-with-the-ebola-hysteria.html?u=187DAF22-8312-4B47-8A35-E66CA1F643D5

Just a heads up to others who are visiting this port. It didn't say when they were to begin- hope it is not until the New Year. Can you see the lines of people trying to get off those huge RCCL ships having to stand in line to be screened by someone in a hasmat suit! What a wonderful greeting! Ugh!

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'll just stay on the ship and utilize my alcohol package. :D

Sounds like a great idea, you arent going to miss too much,unless you have an excurison outside the compound, or want some knick nacks.

The only thing I got in Falmouth for my DW was a wooden giraffe that I got at a awesome price, I love bartering :D

More Ebola Hysteria! Falmouth Township apparently just received $7 Million Jamaicanto buy some super sonic ebola screening machine that they apparently are going to subject all passengers too! I am supposed to go to this port after Christmas and now I don't even want to stop there!

Until I read the linked to web page, I though why was it so costly. That's about $63,000US.

Wow, a JMD is worth less than one cent US. Shows it been quite a while since we've visited Jamaica. We don't stay on the ship, we just select cruise itineraries that don't stop there.:rolleyes:

If you've ever been to Disneyworld and ridden Test Track in EPCOT, you'll get a good idea of what they can purchase for $60K. I presume it will be similar to that setup, and will be housed in a walkthrough gate similar to an airport metal detector. If implemented properly, it won't even slow you down.

Gimme a break......a "thermal sensing unit" is nothing but a means to take your temperature by scanning your forehead. Look at all the photos online of "Ebola screening".

Heaven help anyone with a temperature, though, because they will probably be quarantined!

Gimme a break......a "thermal sensing unit" is nothing but a means to take your temperature by scanning your forehead. Look at all the photos online of "Ebola screening".

Heaven help anyone with a temperature, though, because they will probably be quarantined!

On the other hand, if I've got 2F of fever, I'm probably not looking forward to schlepping around on an excursion either. I'm more likely to be looking forward to a cup of tea and a nap.