What night is Formal night on a 7 day cruise?

It depends on the ship. USUALLY day two (the day after embarkation) is a sea day so that's USUALLY the first formal night. The second formal night will generally be night 5 or 6...it'll never ever be the first or last night and there'll always be two on a 7-nighter.

I thought he 7 day cruise I've been on had one dress-up night but the night(s), as said, really is at the discretion and comfort of the cruiseline. In my case, I think it was bec of the itinerary we had only 1 dress-up night. So, if you were "at sea" the last 2 days, it could be the night before the last night, but is never the last night. Which cruise are you going on? I've been on 7 day cruises when it was 2 nights before the last night. It kind of depends. Cheers! Vick

I ask because I am on Liberty in 2 weeks for a 7 nighter and they only say there's one formal evening, and we have reservations for Portofino on the second day/a sea day and don't want to miss the formal setting.

I'll check the schedule again but swear they say one formal night.

I ask because I am on Liberty in 2 weeks for a 7 nighter and they only say there's one formal evening, and we have reservations for Portofino on the second day/a sea day and don't want to miss the formal setting.

I'll check the schedule again but swear they say one formal night.

I dont know anything about Liberty, but the 7 and 9nt. RCI cruises we have been on have had 2 formal nights- first full day at sea and second to last night on board. Id change my Portofino reservation.

I dont know anything about Liberty, but the 7 and 9nt. RCI cruises we have been on have had 2 formal nights- first full day at sea and second to last night on board. Id change my Portofino reservation.

I'm having Linda look at the site and see as we speak.. I am sure it said just one Formal night for this cruise on Liberty.

Is one any more fabulous than the other?

(someone correct me if Im wrong)- The second formal night is where the staff goes (dances) around the dining room...I wouldnt call it fabulous, but it is fun and part of the experience if you never have. It always has everyone smiling :-)

Nope, I might be wrong. Maybe Im thinking of italian night..maybe it depends on the length of the cruise...?

you tube video ~~~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vWQajfZL40

The first formal night tends to be the most formal if you wanted to differentiate between the two.

Ughg....I have resis for Porto that night. Already switched resis once. My girlfriends getting tired of the rescheduling!

Cuz she's doing it.

ha!

Having just done the Liberty Coz/Costa Maya/Belize itinerary, your formal nights will be nights 2 and 6. However, on the OTHER itineraries I THINK it's nights 2 and 5.

Personally I've never seen any difference between the two formal nights. Actually the first one is better ONLY BECAUSE there's a lovely reception in the Promenade before dinner (or after, I guess, if you have early seating). There's a band playing big-band music, two singers, and they pass out champagne.

And I don't recall any waiters singing and parading through the dining room on any night, but it COULD have happened on a night I wasn't in the MDR. But I was definitely in the MDR on the last night, and i'm pretty sure that's when it's traditionally done. But we didn't have it.

I think we are gonna switch after we talk to the Matre D when we board. DG ( Darling girlfriend....god I think all this D that D this stuff is so lame...sorry but it is) wants to check the menu or I don't know. We will probably change nights knowing the formal is Monday and that's our Itinerary too Amy.

I think we are gonna switch after we talk to the Matre D when we board. DG ( Darling girlfriend....god I think all this D that D this stuff is so lame...sorry but it is) wants to check the menu or I don't know. We will probably change nights knowing the formal is Monday and that's our Itinerary too Amy.

Have you planned your excursions?

I sooooo agree with the DD, DS, DH, etc...abbreviations. I joined 9 years ago and I've never typed it, lol. You don't HAVE to do it!!! :)

Have you planned your excursions?

I sooooo agree with the DD, DS, DH, etc...abbreviations. I joined 9 years ago and I've never typed it, lol. You don't HAVE to do it!!! :)

No not yet. We are going to snorkel probably in cozumel....I want to do the zip line maybe in belize since theres not much else to do.

We want one total beach day too.

Id also like to jet ski.

:o

What do you recommend?

I've always wanted to zipline but my DF (lol...dear friend) had a broken toe (and weighs over 250 pounds) so we went with an RCCL excursion in Belize. It's the one where you drive a Land Rover (the web site may call it a 4x4 safari thing), walk through a cave, have lunch, drive through the city, and take a 45-minute speedboat back to the ship. EVERYONE on the excursion LOVED it and thought it was well worth the $99.

Even though I signed up for it and didn't make it because I missed the email saying where to meet, I signed up for the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour (that's the name of the website as well). For $49 (you pay $19pp through the website and then the $30 balance when you meet up in Coz) you spend quite a few hours (4 or 5) driving to 5 different bars, including on the other side of the island where there's no electricity. Each bar gives you a free shot and then you're free to eat and/or drink all you want (or not). I hear it's great and the people who went from my roll call said it was fabulous. Some of the bars are on beaches too.

In Costa Maya, thanks to cruise critic, we walked through and outside the back of the shopping area and took a van/taxi ($3pp) to Majahual. We spent the day on the beach for free, including in lounge chairs. There were also tables with umbrellas, people serving you drinks and food from the various restaurants, and massage tables (which I hear are cheap but we didn't do it). It's not a terribly pretty beach, but it's a great, free beach day (well except for the food and drinks). They also had jetskis, parasailing and kayaks.

Then you walk like 2 minutes to a taxi stand. The taxi was $2pp back to the ship.

I've always wanted to zipline but my DF (lol...dear friend) had a broken toe (and weighs over 250 pounds) so we went with an RCCL excursion in Belize. It's the one where you drive a Land Rover (the web site may call it a 4x4 safari thing), walk through a cave, have lunch, drive through the city, and take a 45-minute speedboat back to the ship. EVERYONE on the excursion LOVED it and thought it was well worth the $99.

Even though I signed up for it and didn't make it because I missed the email saying where to meet, I signed up for the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour (that's the name of the website as well). For $49 (you pay $19pp through the website and then the $30 balance when you meet up in Coz) you spend quite a few hours (4 or 5) driving to 5 different bars, including on the other side of the island where there's no electricity. Each bar gives you a free shot and then you're free to eat and/or drink all you want (or not). I hear it's great and the people who went from my roll call said it was fabulous. Some of the bars are on beaches too.

In Costa Maya, thanks to cruise critic, we walked through and outside the back of the shopping area and took a van/taxi ($3pp) to Majahual. We spent the day on the beach for free, including in lounge chairs. There were also tables with umbrellas, people serving you drinks and food from the various restaurants, and massage tables (which I hear are cheap but we didn't do it). It's not a terribly pretty beach, but it's a great, free beach day (well except for the food and drinks). They also had jetskis, parasailing and kayaks.

Then you walk like 2 minutes to a taxi stand. The taxi was $2pp back to the ship.

I remember your review about the costa beach. I did read it! The east side of cozumel looks very secluded and private too.

We'll do something and I am sure it will be great. This is my first real vacation in my whole life except for when i was a boy and my parents took us to florida a few times. My girl and I are very much in love and I am surprising her with a very nice topaz and gold necklace and big topaz ear rings on the cruise. I bought them before christmas but thought the cruise would be a great place to give them to her.

I'm 49.

Yeah I was gonna paste the link to my review but then I thought, "Wait, I think I just met this guy a couple of days ago and he did read that novel." Could've saved me a lot of typing just now had I ASKED you, LOL.

Not sure about the beach on Coz. I mean you can always have a taxi take you to Chankanaab Park, although I've only been there to swim with dolphins through Princess.

Prior to Nov., I hadn't been to Coz in a few years so I don't remember much and I didn't see any of it this time (beyond the annoying pier) because of the freakin' tropical storm and all that horrific rain!! :)

OMG how nice to give her the jewelry (I love topaz) on the cruise!!! And congrats on your first REAL vacation. Obviously then it's your first cruise. I can't say, "You'll LOVE it" because cruising's not for everyone, but if cruising ends up being for you, you'll love it. The friend I took with me on the Liberty refused to cruise with me for the last 17 years (when I took my first) because she KNEW she'd hate it.

PS she loved it and can't wait to cruise again!!!! :)

Yeah I was gonna paste the link to my review but then I thought, "Wait, I think I just met this guy a couple of days ago and he did read that novel." Could've saved me a lot of typing just now had I ASKED you, LOL.

Not sure about the beach on Coz. I mean you can always have a taxi take you to Chankanaab Park, although I've only been there to swim with dolphins through Princess.

Prior to Nov., I hadn't been to Coz in a few years so I don't remember much and I didn't see any of it this time (beyond the annoying pier) because of the freakin' tropical storm and all that horrific rain!! :)

OMG how nice to give her the jewelry (I love topaz) on the cruise!!! And congrats on your first REAL vacation. Obviously then it's your first cruise. I can't say, "You'll LOVE it" because cruising's not for everyone, but if cruising ends up being for you, you'll love it. The friend I took with me on the Liberty refused to cruise with me for the last 17 years (when I took my first) because she KNEW she'd hate it.

PS she loved it and can't wait to cruise again!!!! :)

Linda has been to Playa del Carmen and I think thats on the mainland across from Cozumel and she says thats a great place....but honestly the island is the nicest stop amongst the three from what I can glean.

I think I will like it. Sure I will.

I hope she likes the jewelry. She has a lot of nice things and these are nice too but I never know. I'm sure she will.

I've heard good things about Playa. Go to the specific boards for each of your excursions. That's how I found out about the bar hop.

Belize City is ugly, but that's why you can't go there without taking an excursion. The rain forest is GORGEOUS. There are people who take Belize excursions on their own, but I wouldn't risk it. A lot of them seemed to get back to the pier way too close to "final tender call." That's why we stuck with the RCCL one.

Off to bed!! I'm sure I'll be seeing you here again!

My girlfriend is Cuban, speaks spanish and is in Law Enforcement and an experienced savvy cruiser so she can protect me.

:D

She also has over 300 pairs of shoes and tonite tells me she has to buy some kitten heels for the cruise.

:rolleyes: lol

Night Amy.

Archived