Top Chef

michelle1836

We watch it and was sad to see her leave so quickly. Even good chefs have bad days but I'm not sure that being a good chef on a cruise ship is practice for a competition like that.

Haven't been real impressed with any of the chefs this season.

I think she would have had the edge if she could have made it to this point. The lack of sleep is really getting to contestants and I think being accustomed to ship life would make fatigue a non-issue for her. Too bad her cooking was weak.

I don't think I've ever missed an episode of TOP CHEF and most I've seen numerous times since BRAVO tends to rerun them often.

As a Texan I find this season particularly interesting... :D

your favorite for this season??

your all time favorite??

your favorite for this season??

your all time favorite??

For this season Grayson is my favorite 'girl' and Paul is my favorite 'boy'

All-time fav??? WoW! That is hard. There have been so many that I liked in past seasons... LOVE Stephanie (season 4 winner) and actually not only got to eat @ her Chicago restaurant Girl & the Goat this past summer, but actually met her. I was so impressed that she was working right along side her staff. I also enjoyed Dale, the Voltaggio brothers, Casey, 'Red-Bearded Kevin', Carla, Fabio, Jenn Carroll... oh my gosh. I almost always like them all! LOL! :D

How about you? Any 'stand-outs' for this season or in seasons past for you?

I agree about Richard. Dh ate at his place in Atlanta and had a burger and captain crunch milk shake!

I also like the Voltaggio brothers. that was probably my favorite season beside the all stars. we were supposed to eat at Volt (Bryan's place) but DH went ahead and got himself a kidney stone and we never made it. :(

Love Fabio too just because he is Fabio. wasnt my favorite chef though.

and of course Carla!! glad she got fan favorite second time around.

maybe I should have asked who our least favorites were. that might have been easier LOL

I agree about Richard. Dh ate at his place in Atlanta and had a burger and captain crunch milk shake!

I also like the Voltaggio brothers. that was probably my favorite season beside the all stars. we were supposed to eat at Volt (Bryan's place) but DH went ahead and got himself a kidney stone and we never made it. :(

Love Fabio too just because he is Fabio. wasnt my favorite chef though.

and of course Carla!! glad she got fan favorite second time around.

maybe I should have asked who our least favorites were. that might have been easier LOL

I would love to eat at his place in Atlanta. I was even thinking about heading down there for a long weekend and doing just that.

Voltaggio brothers are awesome.

And Fabio! I love Fabio. I love it when I can watch him doing other shows.

I am having a brain fart right now but who was the talented guy who got sick in Singapore when it was down to the final three I think. Tall, nice looking? I see his face but cannot think of his name.

I actually like Hung also.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode with Pee Wee Herman! LOL HA!

That doesn't really make any sense to me but I'll be watching!

BTW, Tuesday Morning is having a buy out of cookbooks starting this week and they advertised the Top Chef cookbooks for $9.99. I already have them all so it doesn't do me any good.

BTW, Tuesday Morning is having a buy out of cookbooks starting this week and they advertised the Top Chef cookbooks for $9.99. I already have them all so it doesn't do me any good.

Pee Wee Herman doesnt make sense at all but we'll see how they do it

thanks for the info! there is a Tuesday Morning right up the street from me

Are the cookbooks easy to use?

So what do Y'all think of Beverly? She only has to beat tomorrow's eliminated chef and she's back in. I'm sure that would create a little 'drama'. She definitely didn't seem to be a favorite of her peers!

I like her. If they don't like her, I think it is because they are jealous and afraid of her. Don't like the way they have been treating her.

Are the cookbooks easy to use?

Admittedly, I haven't looked at them since receiving as presents. I collect cookbooks, hundreds of them. That said, I pulled one out the Quickfire Challenge one and started perusing in order to answer your question.

It seems that the recipes are not complicated as far as ingredients or amount of ingredients. For example, Harold's Pan Roasted Chicken with Potato Gnocchi wone the Season 1, Episode 10 Quickfire Challenge. It only has seven ingredients not including salt and pepper.

There are also a lot of things besides recipes in the book like "Who Cooked It?" with pictures of dishes and you have to name the people who cooked them or "Test Your Foodie IQ."

Lots of other fun facts and behind-the-scenes info.

I like her. If they don't like her, I think it is because they are jealous and afraid of her. Don't like the way they have been treating her.

I like her too. She seems like a really nice lady. Now I didn't like that one lady (can't think of her name) that was always so mean to her. She definitely thought she was 'all that'! LOL!

Admittedly, I haven't looked at them since receiving as presents. I collect cookbooks, hundreds of them. That said, I pulled one out the Quickfire Challenge one and started perusing in order to answer your question.

It seems that the recipes are not complicated as far as ingredients or amount of ingredients. For example, Harold's Pan Roasted Chicken with Potato Gnocchi wone the Season 1, Episode 10 Quickfire Challenge. It only has seven ingredients not including salt and pepper.

There are also a lot of things besides recipes in the book like "Who Cooked It?" with pictures of dishes and you have to name the people who cooked them or "Test Your Foodie IQ."

Lots of other fun facts and behind-the-scenes info.[/quote]

I also have quite a few cookbooks (not 100's), but mine usually are the kind that Church ladies put together and sell for a fund raiser. :D Their recipes are 'simple comfort food' type of cooking. I'll have to see if I can find the Top Chef ones at our local Tuesday morning. I know I'd enjoy the 'behind the scenes' info! Thanks for taking the time to pull it out and let me know! P.S. Where do you keep all those cookbooks? ;)

Archived