Dolphin Encounter Swim tour at Dolphin Cove

Koz1

We'll be visiting Falmouth while on the Allure of the Seas in February and we've booked a "Dolphin Encounter Swim and Dunn's River Falls" tour.

We won't be swimming at most of the ports as we want to see as much as possible on our B2B Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises so I'll have my camera equipment with me each day. While at Labadee we can take turns swimming and minding our bags but for Dolphin Cove I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has done this tour, whether it is likely that there would be enough people doing the dolphin encounter swim that my wife could go in the water with the dolphins while I take some photos of her and mind our bags, and then I could go in another group while she takes photos and minds our bags.

The RCI tour information says that lockers are available but I don't know if that is at Dunn's River Falls or at Dolphin Cove, or both.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

There's a good possibility that you cannot even take your camera. Not sure about the one in Jamaica, but most Dolphin encounters will not allow personal photos or video, so that you have to purchase the professional ones that they take. I'd check with the company before you try and re-arrange your swimming schedules. :)

Thanks mrsfuzzmo. I've checked with Dolphin Cove and we cannot take photos in the dolphin area but we can in other parts of the park. They do have lockers for rent so we'll use those and we'll buy some photos from them if they look good.

• 11 months later...

Has anyone gone on this tour? Is it worth it? Is it in Ocho Rios - we will be docking in Falmouth. Trying to decide if this would be good for our family, adult children and grandchildren ages 8 and 11. Or do you think the dolphin encounter is better in Cozumel?

Has anyone gone on this tour? Is it worth it? Is it in Ocho Rios - we will be docking in Falmouth. Trying to decide if this would be good for our family, adult children and grandchildren ages 8 and 11. Or do you think the dolphin encounter is better in Cozumel?

I would absolutely choose Cozumel for the dolphin encounter. It was amazing and the facilities are very nice.