Solo on breakaway

kcool

Thank you both for your advice. I'm all booked for the cruise departing August 4th - no regrets & I'm excited. Just need to book my flight to NYC and I'm all set!

I'm going to review the excursions & I think that like three-day transportation pass makes sense as I do want to see the island. I called the excursion people and they recommend booking before we get on the ship as to get what you want.

Let the count down begin so much to do!!

Hi Jen, great news glad you're joining us on Breakaway, 3 day pass is the best way to explore the Island.

Margie

Hi Jen, great news glad you're joining us on Breakaway, 3 day pass is the best way to explore the Island.

Margie

I think that makes the most sense for me to get around and explore versus the excursions. Though the rum tour seems interesting.

Jen

I will be cruise solo (first time solo but 5 cruises before) on NCL Breakaway but on a different date (9/22). Please share your experience and any tips for an enjoyable experience when you come back. Thank you.

Joseph - You will have a great time. A bunch of cruise friends that I met a couple years ago on the Epic will be on this cruise and are staying in the studios. They were a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
How was it going on the Breakaway? Were there activities for singles like they say there are?

Yes there was. Everyday we would meet in the studio lounge at 5pm - 6pm and that is where you can meet other solo travellers and make plans from there. We had 2 Amazing Cruise Staff members and a bartender during that time

everyday. Night 1 four of us participated in the dating game, (that was an experience.. Lol) we did a group icebar outing, a dinner at The Manhattan Room and charades one night. The studio lounge was the perfect spot to meet up with other prior to breakfast. I lucked out and met some really cool people on cruise critic that I hung out with the majority of the cruise.

I hope that helps.

Jen

Edited by Jr23

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi - quick query for those who have booked the studio cabins on NCL - I've just looked at their website and browsed all sailings for Epic and Breakaway and NOT ONE SAILING is showing availability for studios and sailings into 2015 are listed. Could it be possible that they are all sold out or is there a special way that they have to be booked?

I was wanting to get an idea of price and itineraries so that I could plan and budget for my next getaway in 12- 18 months but this is proving more difficult than I expected.

Any help out there?

Hi - quick query for those who have booked the studio cabins on NCL - I've just looked at their website and browsed all sailings for Epic and Breakaway and NOT ONE SAILING is showing availability for studios and sailings into 2015 are listed. Could it be possible that they are all sold out or is there a special way that they have to be booked?

I was wanting to get an idea of price and itineraries so that I could plan and budget for my next getaway in 12- 18 months but this is proving more difficult than I expected.

Any help out there?

On NCL site you have to change the passenger count to 1 in order to see Studio availability. Once you pick your region, dates, embarkation port and ship and click view results then go down to number of guests

Thanks Powriv but I had already done that but still the only options were the expensive twin staterooms. My only other thought had been that it had to do with the default country that it detected I was from Australia - I know we are excluded from being able to book many discount fares on other lines in the US. Might go query a TA when I get a chance see if they can see studio availability.

Thanks Powriv but I had already done that but still the only options were the expensive twin staterooms. My only other thought had been that it had to do with the default country that it detected I was from Australia - I know we are excluded from being able to book many discount fares on other lines in the US. Might go query a TA when I get a chance see if they can see studio availability.
Just looked at Sun Mar 15, 2015 on the Breakaway and yes it did show me the studio's; in fact, there's only 2 left on deck 10.;)

Thanks again - just tried it for that exact same booking and got through to the passenger count part and it returned a big red banner "Unable To Process

Sorry we are unable to process your booking online at present, please call us on 1(800) 077 823 to continue with your booking."

I'm going to guess we're blocked by region - bummer. Will check with a TA for the same sailing after work.

• 1 month later...
Based on my experience on the Epic, solo lounge was pretty informal. Some people were ready for dinner. Sometimes if someone needed to shower, they would leave the lounge, shower and pop back in a few minutes later.

It was like the center piece of the day. It made any alone time during the day better because you new you would see friends at 5.

I have a flight credit from an unused Vegas trip last December that expires and instead of going to vegas I am considering- maybe doing the Epic 3 months after the Breakaway again

What time is best for my selection of dinner time? If I want to do the social 'meet in the lounge first' thing like everyone is talking about, should I not pick a formal dinning time? What worked best for you? When I went solo on Carnival I picked the early time so I could sit with the same people each day.(first solo cruise. wanted a little bit of familiarity)

What time is best for my selection of dinner time? If I want to do the social 'meet in the lounge first' thing like everyone is talking about, should I not pick a formal dinning time? What worked best for you? When I went solo on Carnival I picked the early time so I could sit with the same people each day.(first solo cruise. wanted a little bit of familiarity)

With NCL you do not need to pick a time like other cruise lines- you can decide that evening to eat whenever you wish. For speciality restaurants, sometimes it is harder to get a reservation for larger groups.

On both ships I was on we would typically eat somewhere between 6:30-7:15

Thank you HowardK. I have been doing some more research and freestyle actually seems to be more my style. I am excited about the solo cabin.

Now I just have to pay the remaining balance and I am all set. That's what overtime is for I guess.