NCL Epic 19 April 2015 Mia to BCN

LBFLEX

Hi everyone. Any one else on this transatlantic trip?

Lawrence

Bogota Colombia

Hi, Lawrence,

Paul from Chicago here... am traveling solo this time. I was on an Epic TA in 2011. I've had this one booked for a few months... ready to make final payment on Monday. Looking forward to endless days at sea.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This is Craig from Atlanta and I'll be doing my third transatlantic crossing on the Epic. There has always been a good LGBT happy hour crowd so I hope it will also be the same this time. I'll be spending some time in Sitges after the cruise and then heading up to Basque country. Look forward to seeing you in Miami!

I am glad to see some other traveler on here, especially with experience on NCL Epic. I have cruised a lot but mostly on HAL. For the Epic what is important to do or schedule before you get onboard (entertainment, meals, etc.)? I decided not to by the UDP plan because I am traveling solo. I am also heading to Sitges for the weekend when we arrive then on to Germany. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Larry

Bogota, Colombia

I am glad to see some other traveler on here, especially with experience on NCL Epic. I have cruised a lot but mostly on HAL. For the Epic what is important to do or schedule before you get onboard (entertainment, meals, etc.)? I decided not to by the UDP plan because I am traveling solo. I am also heading to Sitges for the weekend when we arrive then on to Germany. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Larry

Bogota, Colombia

Hey, Larry,

My only suggestion for scheduling, is to take a look at the entertainment schedule when it becomes available (mid-March is what I've been told by NCL, but will wait to see), just to see which nights some shows perform. Most of the shows are only performed 2-4 times, so take note when, so you don't miss one you want to see. I haven't had problems booking while on-board, but that's just my experience.

I've got a group going to Cirque (with the UDP), and might get a group together for Teppanyaki (for us and solos), but nothing planned for that yet.

62 days......

Paul

Chicago

Edited by pablo5116s

I have no problem with paying extra for the other restaurants, just didn't think I would go to them if I was eating solo. I'd be interested in getting together with others for dinner. Thanks for the info, I will check out the entertainment page when they put it up. Does anyone have an opinion on the drink package? Sounds fairly expensive, $50/day, depending on what drink prices are.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Bogota, Colombia

For me one of the highlights of an Epic cruise is the watersides. It might be a good idea to make use of them early in the trip because if the weather is anything like my last eastbound Epic transatlantic it could be quite cool by the time we approach Europe. Of course, if you're a diehard you could always bring a wetsuit!

I see your guys are out of Tampa. My partner and I were there just after Christmas to catch a HAL cruise to the Mexican Riviera over New Years. We really liked Tampa and Ybor City. This time I am traveling on my own and after Sitges, heading to Germany. Look forward to meeting you.

Lawrence

Bogota, Colombia

Does anyone have an opinion on the drink package? Sounds fairly expensive, $50/day, depending on what drink prices are.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Bogota, Colombia

There is a 2nd drink package, $44/day + service, that includes wine and beer only (and juice and soda). I'm leaning towards getting one of them, since I have a $300 OBC to use. I figure a mimosa or bloody mary at breakfast, a couple beers during the day, wine at lunch and dinner, drink at FOD and at a show or other entertainment, and a few sodas for caffeine, I would easily cover the $44 or $54 cost of drinks per day, without getting drunk. Also only one port day to lessen the alcohol intake.

I have bought a wine package before (roughly $300 for 8 bottles I think, they have several options), but then I'm limited to just the wine, and have to bring the new bottle with me to the restaurant.

It is priced high, but there is a convenience factor also... I can get a drink at any bar or restaurant at any time. Will I drink more? Yes. But I'm not driving, so a few days of enjoying drinks will be worth it for me.

NCL has listed a liquor price list on their website before (very rough average $6 for beer, $8 for wine or spirits).

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Close to booking this crossing. I have a reservation on hold and have to decide by tomorrow. Would be great to join you guys!

I would be going single, which is part of my hesitation. Leaving the partner at home because he doesn't have any vacation time. I already have all the time off so it would be nice to do something besides sit at home.

Hope to see you onboard!

Ernie

Welcome, Ernie! I have done a fee transatlantics solo - leaving the partner behind. You will certainly have a lot of people to meet - there seem to be a lot of solo travelers on the main roll call!

-Steve

Welcome, Ernie! I have done a fee transatlantics solo - leaving the partner behind. You will certainly have a lot of people to meet - there seem to be a lot of solo travelers on the main roll call!

-Steve

Hi Steve and thanks for the welcome! I'm confirmed! No cabin number yet but inside guarantee.

I look forward to meeting you and everyone else on this thread at the LGBT gatherings onboard. Also if anyone wants company for dinner I'm available. ;)

Ernie

Welcome Ernie,

Looking forward to meeting you on the cruise.

Bill

Thanks Bill! I look forward to meeting you as well.

BTW I noticed you sailed on GETAWAY in January. I did too! I was on the January 17th sailing. Surely you were not on the same one??

Ernie

Edited by eroller

I am leaving the partner behind on this trip as well. Like your partner he doesn't have any vacation time left. Looking forward to it anyway. I love traveling. Look forward to meeting you.

Larry

I am leaving the partner behind on this trip as well. Like your partner he doesn't have any vacation time left. Looking forward to it anyway. I love traveling. Look forward to meeting you.

Larry

Sounds like we are in the same boat so to speak! Sorry I couldn't resist. Looking forward to meeting you as well Larry, and perhaps we can share some dinners together.

Ernie

Ernie. We were on the January 10th sailing. Steve and I are coming from Michigan and joining our friends Mark and Jeff from Ft Lauderdale on the Epic. Looking forward to meeting you. Steve and I are in cabin 13085.

Sounds like a nice group Bill! I'll let you know my cabin number when it gets assigned.

Ernie