Southern Decadence?

cruising mickey

If you like cruisy(and not the ship kind), crowded, fun, hot (both temperature and the other way), steamy (both types too) events then definately plan on staying post cruise. The parade on Sunday is a blast and the rest of the weekend can be quite...ahem....enjoyable.

If you like cruisy(and not the ship kind), crowded, fun, hot (both temperature and the other way), steamy (both types too) events then definately plan on staying post cruise. The parade on Sunday is a blast and the rest of the weekend can be quite...ahem....enjoyable.

Go........... you will enjoy LOA. If the parade is on Sunday it would have to be a pre cruise stay and if the ship leaves on Saturday ir would be a post cruise stay. Keep in mind the hotel rooms will fill up fast and be very $$$$, so book early.

Hello,

Planning a stay in NOLA and can't decide on pre or post cruise stay in conjunction with Southern Decadence. Which would optimize both experiences?

Hope this makes sence. Any suggestions?

If you are interested in seeing Decadence at its wildest, arrange your stay to maximize as much time in New Orleans during that weekend (August 29-Sept 3). Things will start picking up on the Thursday before (August 30), with the main event on Sunday.

We did just that a few years ago and arranged for our cruise to end in NOLA for that weekend. CRAZY times.

Southern Decadence is right up there with the best parties in my experience... Lots of um, "activities" going on! Sometimes I miss being single! ;)

We did just that a few years ago and arranged for our cruise to end in NOLA for that weekend. CRAZY times.

Southern Decadence is right up there with the best parties in my experience... Lots of um, "activities" going on! Sometimes I miss being single! ;)

Me to.....:D

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Planning a stay in NOLA and can't decide on pre or post cruise stay in conjunction with Southern Decadence. Which would optimize both experiences?

Hope this makes sence. Any suggestions?

Given the "state" of NOLA due to Isaac:mad:, we've changed our cruise date to a pre-cruise NOLA stay during Gay Pride weekend. Any insight as to what goes on during that weekend?

Given the "state" of NOLA due to Isaac:mad:, we've changed our cruise date to a pre-cruise NOLA stay during Gay Pride weekend. Any insight as to what goes on during that weekend?

You should have came to Decadence anyway ;) Gay Pride weekend is not a huge weekend, though it has gotten better in recent years. Decadence has often been considered more of a "gay pride" event than the one in June. Check out this website for more details: http://www.nolapride.biz/

You should have came to Decadence anyway ;) Gay Pride weekend is not a huge weekend, though it has gotten better in recent years. Decadence has often been considered more of a "gay pride" event than the one in June. Check out this website for more details: http://www.nolapride.biz/

Would rather do decadence, but given the possibility of a hurricane I don't want to really chance it since this is going to be a honeymoon more on the expensive side than I'd care to admit:eek:

Archived