pay for Nepresso coffee but free wine???

My husband and I do not drink wine but drink Nepresso coffee each day and were shocked to read the Azamara now gives free wine but charges for coffee???? Nepresso pads are only about $.50 each and I hope the wine they pour is more than that!! Little charges like that make me realize that ships like Seabourne are a better deal

We agree with hamptonroads about the illogical decision to provide free wine (and other drinks containing alcohol) while charging for nepresso. We like the iced mocha latte which contains no alcohol but is also not a free drink for some reason. It is wrong that we need to subsidize other peoples preferences while be charged extra for our preferences. For some reason it is OK to nickel and dime for some beverages but not others. I guess Azamara does not think we will feel uncomfortable pulling out our ship charge card to pay for a nespresso or an iced mocha latte but we would for a glass of wine or Vodka??

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Hello Hamptonroads and RockySquirrel -[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Your points are well taken and in fact, in Larry Pimentel's first post (Pricing and Inclusive Amenities) on the Cruise Critic Q & A, dated October 15, 2012, [B]Reported that the Nespresso component would be removed from the list of amenities that would be added to Azamara's tariff: [/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][I][SIZE=3]"Let me clarify one thing – and this is important. We are not an all-inclusive brand – our tariffs are simply more inclusive. The amenities we list in our brochures and on our website are complimentary. If guests prefer something else, they will have to pay for it. As an example, we will offer select, standard spirits. If you prefer a top-shelf brand, you will have to pay for it. Premium beverage packages will be available in early 2013. It’s the same concept with our dining. Our Discovery Restaurant is complimentary. If guests would like to dine in our Specialty restaurants, there will be an additional charge. It is a choice our guests have. We simply offer a variety of inclusive amenities. This is value. [B](P.S.: No need to worry about the Nespresso coffee and additional charges. We listened, and decided to remove that component for now.) [/B][/SIZE][/I][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Larry also stated in that message that [I]"There is more than one way to do things. While we clearly follow what other cruise lines are doing, we don’t make changes to our product because of what they do. My focus is to further differentiate the Azamara brand as the best of two worlds – upper premium and luxury into its own niche called “up-market”. We have found a niche that belongs to us – destination immersion. Longer stays, more overnights, night touring. Along with our superior onboard delivery by extraordinary onboard teams and our value proposition, we will not lose that niche – to the contrary, we will continue to build on it. Throughout my career, I understand that all business decisions are "risks." I believe this “risk” is worth taking.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]I hope this clarification will improve your understanding of the reasoning driving our more inclusive amenities and concurrent tariff increases.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you onboard another Azamara vacation sometime in the future.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Sincerely,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Bill Leiber [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]_____________________[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Chief Blogging Officer* [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Azamara Club Cruises [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3](*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for the reply Did you mean that there will be no extra charge for Nepresso or that Nepresso will not be offered on board?

After being on the March 26th sailing and feeling so safe and cared for by everyone including Mr. Pimentel (who I first met on Seabourne) I have very warm feelings for Azamara

We will be on the January 15th Quest sailing and the March 2014 repeat cruise with our old ports.

thanks for the reply

Archived