Ordinary Navigator cabin-- amenities question

whoopie

Wondering about the amenities in a regular cabin--not concierge or repeat cruiser special status. I suppose they provide shampoo, conditioner, body lotion.

Is the lotion mpoisturizing enough for dry skin?

Are the products replenished daily?

Is there a magnifying mirror?

TIA

Amenities for the lowest category on Navigator are listed here. Lotions, shampoos and soaps are replenished daily. There is a magnifying mirror in each cabin.

• European King-Sized Elite Slumber Bed
  • Intimate Sitting Area
  • Private Balcony
  • FREE Unlimited WiFi*
  • 24-Hour Room Service
  • L’Occitane® Mer & Mistral Soaps, Shampoos & Lotions
  • Vanity & Hair Dryer
  • Direct Dial Satellite Phone

• 1 Marble & Stone Detailed Bathroom
  • Built-in Closet With Safe
  • Accommodates Up To 2 Guests
  • Welcome Bottle of Champagne with
    Fresh Fruit Arrangement
  • In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up & Refill
  • Regent Plush Bathrobes & Slippers
  • Interactive Flat-Screen Television With Extensive Media Library, Complimentary Movies-on-Demand
  • Shoe Shine Service

In addition to the great list that was posted above, I can add that soaps, moisturizers, etc. will be replenished and there is a magnifying mirror. Whether you find the lotion sufficient is really up to you - we have no problem whatsoever with it. Being a luxury cruise line, Regent insures that their "guests" have everything that they need (regardless of which category suite you are in). Actually, the beauty of luxury cruising is that, once you walk outside of your suite, everyone is treated the same and no one cares if you are in the highest or lowest category suite.

The Navigator and Voyager have the largest "regular" suites of the fleet. Hopefully you will love it!

We disagree with TC2. The Mer & Mistral shampoo/shower gel are okay but the "conditioner" is worthless. The "fresh body gel" aka lotion leaves the skin feeling sticky rather than moisturized and soft. YMMV, To each his/her own. I bring my own conditioner and moisturizing cream these days.

Agree that shampoos, conditions, lotions, etc. are a personal preference. In our Master Suite we had Guerlain products which we didn't care for. The Bottega Veneta products were just okay. So, for us, the Mer & Mistral were no better or worse than the upper suite products. I do miss the Hermes products - wish that Regent would bring them back.

This is a typical discussion as it would be unusual to find a consensus on this topic. However, packing anything extra in my suitcases is not an option as I'm already an over packer. I'm happy to live with the products onboard and do take into consideration that the water on the ship is not what I'm used to so my hair will be "squirrely" even if I used my own stuff.

I found the new L'occitane products poor compared to previous ones. Not a good body moisturiser, i also bring my own toiletries.

Never seen the current products on board in the L'occitane store for some reason.

Agree that the move from Verbena to Mer & Mistral was a retrograde step. Most seem to agree

This is a typical discussion as it would be unusual to find a consensus on this topic. However, packing anything extra in my suitcases is not an option as I'm already an over packer. I'm happy to live with the products onboard and do take into consideration that the water on the ship is not what I'm used to so my hair will be "squirrely" even if I used my own stuff.

You won't get unanimity but the consensus from this thread seems not to favour the products offered. I take my own shampoo, conditioner & body cream.

Agree with your plan. That's what I always do, and often use the small travel bottles, jars to decant own products into and they don't take up as much room. The hair salon mini sizes of shampoo and conditioner are great for travel. Jean.

I found the new L'occitane products poor compared to previous ones. Not a good body moisturiser, i also bring my own toiletries.

Never seen the current products on board in the L'occitane store for some reason.

Greetings, liptastic, from cloudy, rainy South Beach. We owned a condo in Paris for three years, in the sixth, 75006. There was L'Occitane in our neighborhood, and I shopped there. Air France included a clear mouthwash from L'Occitane in their amenities bag that I liked. I brought the bottle into the shop and was told it was special order and not available. The Guerlaine and L'Occitane products in our suite are unisex and bland. The Hermes of yesteryear had a very pleasant scent and I also liked it better. Since we are discussing amenities, the Guerlaine products have a lovely removable top that loses it's beauty when it falls off and starts rolling around the shower in PH. We had a few rough days when catching the tops was a less than amusing game. L'Occitane was my choice after that because the tops are attached.

Mary

Mary - love your description of what happened to the Guerlaine tops as the same thing happened to me. Since my hair doesn't come out well with any of the product on the ship, I must assume that it is the water! Agree that attached tops are important on a cruise ship.:D

Greetings, liptastic, from cloudy, rainy South Beach. We owned a condo in Paris for three years, in the sixth, 75006. There was L'Occitane in our neighborhood, and I shopped there. Air France included a clear mouthwash from L'Occitane in their amenities bag that I liked. I brought the bottle into the shop and was told it was special order and not available. The Guerlaine and L'Occitane products in our suite are unisex and bland. The Hermes of yesteryear had a very pleasant scent and I also liked it better. Since we are discussing amenities, the Guerlaine products have a lovely removable top that loses it's beauty when it falls off and starts rolling around the shower in PH. We had a few rough days when catching the tops was a less than amusing game. L'Occitane was my choice after that because the tops are attached.

Mary

Mary greetings from windy cool northeast Scotland.

The Guerlaine shower gel top did the exact same thing with me last year on Mariner. Actually it was dangerous as it ended up with a sharp jagged areas on the lid, not good.

I also miss the Hermes products, which at the time I felt were more of a masculine fragrance but compared to the new L'Occitane and Guerlaine it was way better. The Verbana was such a lovely fragrance to use.

Jean.

I was annoyed to find that free wifi means one account per cabin. We will pay for an extra unlimited one because we will likely want to check email and read news at the same time just as we do at home and on Crystal. Doing it sequentially would waste time.

Amenities for the lowest category on Navigator are listed here. Lotions, shampoos and soaps are replenished daily. There is a magnifying mirror in each cabin.

• FREE Unlimited WiFi*
  • 24-Hour Room Service
  • L’Occitane® Mer & Mistral Soaps, Shampoos & Lotions
  • Vanity & Hair Dryer
  • Direct Dial Satellite Phone

Actually, the beauty of luxury cruising is that, once you walk outside of your suite, everyone is treated the same and no one cares if you are in the highest or lowest category suite.

We really wonder if that is so in the restaurants? We had a good-sized suite on our Explorer cruise and found that when asked for our suite number by the maitre 'd when we entered each restaurant, they always managed to find a table for two by a window that we would ask for. RHIP or just good luck?

Silver Sweethearts, you raise a good point. I have only been on one cruise with Regent and a couple with Celebrity. However, on the Alaska Regent cruise(not a special suite), we had no issues getting a table for 2 by the window if that is what we wanted. A couple of times, we waited 15 minutes at the bar until one was ready - which is fine with us.)

Mind you, we like wine and ordered it from the wine list. We have found that seems to perk up the wait staff and everyone else to keep us happy. It is one thing to have bad service, but if you order a $200 bottle wine and the service is bad, you get very grumpy much quicker!!

A quick off topic comment, Celebrity had lots of issues finding the wine we were picking out - it actually turned into a game every night for me!

I was annoyed to find that free wifi means one account per cabin. We will pay for an extra unlimited one because we will likely want to check email and read news at the same time just as we do at home and on Crystal. Doing it sequentially would waste time.

Greetings, Whoopie, from South Beach. Before you buy another wifi account, try it out. We got off Explorer April 9th. We loved the ship, but not the wifi. It was slow and unstable. More than once, I got on a desired page, only to be unable to go any further. For free, this was acceptable, but not if I'd paid for it. After many cruises, we don't expect much. So far, that has proven to be the way to go. Most ports have free wifi zones that are very easy to use. I do, drawing the line at anything financial or even remotely suspicious. The old phish practice to include at least one error so as to slide under the radar seems to be gone. The posts look authentic.

Mary

We really wonder if that is so in the restaurants? We had a good-sized suite on our Explorer cruise and found that when asked for our suite number by the maitre 'd when we entered each restaurant, they always managed to find a table for two by a window that we would ask for. RHIP or just good luck?

We were in a Master Suite on our last Explorer cruise and a Grand, Concierge and F1 suite on previous Explorer cruises and did not notice a difference in service or in our ability to get a table by the window. They ask for your suite number for a different reason - completely unrelated to what level suite you are in (they learn your name by asking for your suite number and can therefore give more personalized service which is working out well for them IMHO).