Do you hide your electronics when you're not in your cabin?

JAMESCC

I'm wondering what most people think or do about their electronics when they are not in their cabin like their laptop or tablets? On our last cruise in Sept/Oct I left our tablets out charging everyday. What do you do with them if you are concerned about your devices? I'm just curious because I didn't think much about it on our last cruise.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

electronics safe --- chargers plain site...

if the room attendants leave the door open when cleaning, anyone can walk in and take something, so it might not be the room attendant who took it (sure their fault) but best not to tempt anyone...

electronics safe --- chargers plain site...

if the room attendants leave the door open when cleaning, anyone can walk in and take something, so it might not be the room attendant who took it (sure their fault) but best not to tempt anyone...

This! To us, it's just not worth the risk.

We lock ours up in the safe. Not concerned about the cabin steward, more concerned about someone else walking in and grabbing something that is out in the open while the cabin steward has the cabin door open.

My thoughts exactly. The cabin steward can be out of your cabin for a few minutes, it doesn't sound long but it's long enough for a sneak thief to duck in and pocket any valuables. We always lock phones/tablets/cameras in the safe. It's a tight squeeze but we're old hands at Tetris so we manage :)

I keep my cabin cleaned up, except for what the attendant is responsible for. That includes putting anything in the safe that will fit. Everything else is put away, either in the closet/cabinets and drawers. The one time I left papers laying on the sofa, sorted for packing and my camera equipment out, the attendant moved everything around, to clean I guess, it really upset me. It's best for me to put everything away.

Leave ours out, would not do them much good to take because of the security on them and don't think they would want to risk their job.

Many posters are concerned that when rooms are being cleaned, fellow passengers may see into your cabin and have an opportunity to take something from your cabin.:evilsmile:

Phones we have left out charging. Used to put my bridge camera in the safe but it didn't fit on Anthem so just left it out. No problems. My kindle is a fourth generation (but I do love it) and I leave it out at night as I like to read a few pages to help me fall asleep. Its usually with me during the day. Don't bring tablets or lap top since never buy the internet and don't need it then.

But when I go to the beach in any port I always use a vacation vault locked to my chair so that when DH and I go snorkeling we don't have to worry.

Leave ours out, would not do them much good to take because of the security on them and don't think they would want to risk their job.

What security -- I'd wipe your hard drive and have a new laptop for me to use....just saying...

We don't always lock everything up. Computer in bag in closet or under bed. iPad if it fits goes in the safe. However if we are charging something we have left it plugged in but in the top drawer so it's not so obvious. We agree it's not the room steward we worry about...they could lose their job. But we have also seen rooms left open with no one in sight which might be too tempting. We always lock money, passports and jewelry of value in the safe. Better safe then sorry.

I thought I lost a watch once, mentioned it to the steward and he seemed really concerned. I asked him to keep a look out for it as he cleaned the room. I assured him I thought it just misplaced. He told me later that day that he looked for it but didn't find out. I found it under the lip of the safe the next day and told him right away. I never wanted him to think I was jumping to conclusions.