Safe Parking

Sanz

Looking for suggestions for a hotel near Cape Liberty. We will be driving to the port from Long Island, NY in the winter. We do not need a place that offers a park and cruise package. We would like a relatively safe location with secure parking. Thanks!

Looking for suggestions for a hotel near Cape Liberty. We will be driving to the port from Long Island, NY in the winter. We do not need a place that offers a park and cruise package. We would like a relatively safe location with secure parking. Thanks!

I'm not sure what you're looking for. Just a hotel for the night before the cruise, and then you'll be driving to the port the morning of the cruise and parking at the port? Or are you looking to drive to the Cape Liberty area the morning of your cruise and park in a hotel parking lot near the port and take some other form of transportation to the pier?

There are no hotels very near the port.

The hotels Carol (138east) mentioned are in Staten Island. There are many hotels in NJ about the same distance from Cape Liberty as the Staten Island hotels, and depending on your date of travel any one could be cheaper than the others.

This is the only hotel in Bayonne -http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g46290-d1052695-Reviews-Hudson_Plaza_Motel-Bayonne_New_Jersey.html

I wouldn't stay there.

I suggested Staten Island because you are coming from Long Island. However, you could get caught by a Bayonne Bridge closure in which case you would be better off staying at Newark Airport. How much do you want to spend?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to the people that attempted to answer my question. Please forgive me for not responding sooner. Had to deal with a family issue.

We are searching for a hotel to stay in the night before our cruise. We will be be parking our car at the port.

We want to spend as little as possible :rolleyes: Would prefer not to spend more than $180.

I am aware that we would not be staying in Bayonne. We want to get as close as possible, in an area that is secure for ourselves and our car. Under adverse winter driving conditions, we would rather drive 10 miles than 50 miles.

Thank you to the people that attempted to answer my question. Please forgive me for not responding sooner. Had to deal with a family issue.

We are searching for a hotel to stay in the night before our cruise. We will be be parking our car at the port.

We want to spend as little as possible :rolleyes: Would prefer not to spend more than $180.

I am aware that we would not be staying in Bayonne. We want to get as close as possible, in an area that is secure for ourselves and our car. Under adverse winter driving conditions, we would rather drive 10 miles than 50 miles.

The Bayonne Bridge closings are unpredictable. You are probably better off at Newark Airport with good access to the NJ Turnpike, which tends to be well maintained in bad winter weather. For your Jan 2 date there are many options under $180. The Ramada Plaza and the Doubletree are the closest hotels to Bayonne on the north side of the airport near exit 14. You need specific driving directions to find these hotels. The hotels on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth (courtyard Elizabeth, Country Inns, Embassy Suites, and Residence Inn) are near Exit 13A and next to Jersey Gardens Mall. Some hotels charge extra for parking, so keep that in mind.

My dear NJ/NY experts:

Is there any indication of traffic issues during the Pope's visit? Specifically the 24th. We will be driving from the Capital of the Steeler Nation and would appreciate any assistance from you seers of NJ/NY.

Thanks.

My dear NJ/NY experts:

Is there any indication of traffic issues during the Pope's visit? Specifically the 24th. We will be driving from the Capital of the Steeler Nation and would appreciate any assistance from you seers of NJ/NY.

Thanks.

Pope Francis won't be anywhere near your route from Pittsburgh to Cape Liberty, so you shouldn't have any problems. On 9/24 he's in DC until mid afternoon and then flying from Joint Base Andrews near Washington, DC, departing at 4 pm and arriving at JFK airport in NY at 5 pm.

My dear NJ/NY experts:

Thanks.

Hi Ken and Deb,

Sorry, but it looks like you're going to miss the Pope. I know you're really disappointed, but have a great cruise on the Liberty! :)

• 3 weeks later...
The Bayonne Bridge closings are unpredictable. You are probably better off at Newark Airport with good access to the NJ Turnpike, which tends to be well maintained in bad winter weather. For your Jan 2 date there are many options under $180. The Ramada Plaza and the Doubletree are the closest hotels to Bayonne on the north side of the airport near exit 14. You need specific driving directions to find these hotels. The hotels on Glimcher Realty Way in Elizabeth (courtyard Elizabeth, Country Inns, Embassy Suites, and Residence Inn) are near Exit 13A and next to Jersey Gardens Mall. Some hotels charge extra for parking, so keep that in mind.

We "finally" made our reservation based upon your information. Agree about the Bayonne Bridge closings. From what I was able to learn, the closings on the Bayonne Bridge are indeed unpredictable. It is good to know in advance that we will be paying for parking at the Residence Inn. Thank you for making our decision easier.