is Quasar still on Equinox?

hcat

Just curious if Quasar still exists on Equinox..?????

It was a great space that was severly underutilized

On past cruises we enjoyed the DJ who played great selections...nothing like Miami DJs

never understood why more events and parties were not held there...

also, is there a gastro pub?

Gastro Pub was on Equinox last fall on the TA. It completely replaced Cellar Masters. It seemed very underutilized. I think that's the main reason that they've tweaked it on the other ships. I don't think it was the drinks served there. It was the meals. People came in there at 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and they didn't need a big meal.

In my opinion the food shouldn't be $10 and $12 things there. It should be all the beer and such (no problem with that) but then nuts and chips and fries and very small amounts of food, perhaps free or perhaps $1.00. Little things like they serve up at the Sky Lounge for the elite cocktail party. Those types of foods would bring people in during off-meal hours.

Seems to me they were trying to make it a little restaurant, but that flopped completely. It should be a specialty bar with small foods, not meals. Even popcorn!!

Quasar on the Equinox is hit or miss. The nights there is themed music, i.e. Michael Jackson, 70's, 80's etc. the place was packed and everyone was having a blast dancing. The nights where the DJ picked the music not as many people. I think the DJs need to look at the age of the crowd and set their playlist accordingly.

The GastroPub we absolutely loved!! The bar staff was so engaging and the atmosphere was fun and lively. We enjoyed the charcuterie plate on several evenings and it was excellent! They have a great selection of craft beers and had several signature cocktails that were amazing. We will definitely be returnees on our next cruise on Equinox.

It was on the TA in April of this year. My grandson was travelling with me and spent much time in Quasar teaching the other grandparents how to play Xbox Kinect (sp?) games.

Thanks for your response.

So has this become a game area rather than a club?

They should have kept the DJs there...(had a great bar area, cozy niche trype booths, & plenty of room) , instead if putting them in the atrium where sound cannit be contained,,,

When the first quasars opened they had swinging chairs on chains ...area quickly became a children's park....I think they were removed at some point due to kiddie mishaps

guess we'll see it ourselves in January.

As far as I know, Quasar is still on board all S class ships, except Reflection.

When Reflection was under construction Quasar was removed and made into the ships meeting room. The area that was the meeting room was made into about 5 high end suites and about 1/3 or so of the Sky Observation Lounge was converted into the Reflection Suite.

Only people in those high end suites and Reflection suite are allowed access to that area.

Quasar on the Equinox is hit or miss. The nights there is themed music, i.e. Michael Jackson, 70's, 80's etc. the place was packed and everyone was having a blast dancing. The nights where the DJ picked the music not as many people. I think the DJs need to look at the age of the crowd and set their playlist accordingly.

The GastroPub we absolutely loved!! The bar staff was so engaging and the atmosphere was fun and lively. We enjoyed the charcuterie plate on several evenings and it was excellent! They have a great selection of craft beers and had several signature cocktails that were amazing. We will definitely be returnees on our next cruise on Equinox.

Thank for posting, looking forward to both...

In Gastro, I assume that we can share some items, rather than order a meal. Are any beers included in classic package or are they a la carte?

Guess I should have made Gastro part of my thread title...too late,

As far as I know, Quasar is still on board all S class ships, except Reflection.

When Reflection was under construction Quasar was removed and made into the ships meeting room. The area that was the meeting room was made into about 5 high end suites and about 1/3 or so of the Sky Observation Lounge was converted into the Reflection Suite.

Only people in those high end suites and Reflection suite are allowed access to that area.

We were on Reflection, among other negs for us, we disliked the truncated size of Sky and fact it was on same level as the Solarium....which is now on a diff level than the spa and Persian Gardens

Quasar has been down-sized--my guess is by a third or a half--and Future Cruise Sales now occupies the space that has been carved out of Quasar [with a full partition/its own entry]... I liked the change; Future Cruise Sales is no longer as crowded as it had been when located adjacent to Bistro On 5 and now affords more privacy when speaking with a Rep...

Edited by Xport

Is there any House/Dance music played? ie Ibiza style DJs?

Ship we are going on is Equinox if thats relevant?

It changes based on what people are into. They have a DJ there with extensive music option, just let them know what you want and it'll likely appear.

Sometimes it's packed, other times it's empty, all depends on the makeup of the passengers on each cruise.

I've had GREAT times there, and I've listened to crickets chirp there.

Glad to hear it still exists on Equinox...we have 2 future cruises booked on her.

Unless I have my ships confused, the area they probably took away was the back party room..not used much anyhow, so re purposing it for future cruise sales is a good idea

We enjoyed it...some nights reggae (mostly Marley), some nights oldies, classics, new wave, etc. Sometimes just a great party mix...we liked the bar area as well as the overall club atmoshpere. The DJ was more like DJs we are used to rather than just a loud Dj with a drum

WIll post an update and some pics in January,

It changes based on what people are into. They have a DJ there with extensive music option, just let them know what you want and it'll likely appear.

Sometimes it's packed, other times it's empty, all depends on the makeup of the passengers on each cruise.

I've had GREAT times there, and I've listened to crickets chirp there.

Glad to hear it still exists on Equinox...we have 2 future cruises booked on her.

Unless I have my ships confused, the area they probably took away was the back party room..not used much anyhow, so re purposing it for future cruise sales is a good idea

We enjoyed it...some nights reggae (mostly Marley), some nights oldies, classics, new wave, etc. Sometimes just a great party mix...we liked the bar area as well as the overall club atmoshpere. The DJ was more like DJs we are used to rather than just a loud Dj with a drum

WIll post an update and some pics in January,

Fingers Xd for us - like a good dance vibe going on :)

It is still there. (As of August 2015) Seems to be a karaoke place most nights. Lots of kids around - or else it is deserted. We avoid.

On our B2B in July was also the venue for the Connexions party first night and 'bazaar' sale last night

Quasar has been down-sized--my guess is by a third or a half--and Future Cruise Sales now occupies the space that has been carved out of Quasar [with a full partition/its own entry]... I liked the change; Future Cruise Sales is no longer as crowded as it had been when located adjacent to Bistro On 5 and now affords more privacy when speaking with a Rep...

On which ship has this happened?

I totally agree about the music.......I also think they should have a small venue with more adult comedy and other entertainment....I enjoy the PG entertainment as well but they need to throw in some that is more R rated as well...I like variety.

Thank for posting, looking forward to both...

In Gastro, I assume that we can share some items, rather than order a meal. Are any beers included in classic package or are they a la carte?

Guess I should have made Gastro part of my thread title...too late,

HCAT:

The craft beers in Gastropub are included in package as long as they remain within price point of whatever package you have. You can pay the difference between package and drink if it goes over price point. You can share menu items and most are small plate type appetizers.

You pay the difference if you have a Premium Pkg. Anyone holding a Classic Pkg will pay the full amount plus 18% grat.

HCAT:

The craft beers in Gastropub are included in package as long as they remain within price point of whatever package you have. You can pay the difference between package and drink if it goes over price point. You can share menu items and most are small plate type appetizers.

HCAT:

thanks...sounds like it's worth a visit!