Oasis Solarium Bistro

Hello all. We will sail on the Oasis in 43 days! I am seeking clarification about dining in the Solarium Bistro. I understand that breakfast buffet and lunch are free of charge. Is dinner still a "fee based" specialty restaurant?

Also, does anyone have a link to the dinner menu?

Thanks.

Thanks for the menu link. Do you know if there is still the $20 charge for dinner?

Just returned from Oasis on the 29th. Solarium menu has changed; no more filet or bison, among other things. Appetizers and salads are now presented in a self serve buffet. Main course is provided by waitstaff. We reserved through the Concierge and the price quoted was $25 per person. At the restaurant, we were given 30% off and ended up paying $17.50 per. The next day, a waiter in Coastal Kitchen offered us dinner in Solarium for free.

Our dinner was so-so. Ordered a seafood entree and midway through the course, the waiter delivers a complimentary steak :confused:. It was a poor cut of meat and difficult to cut even with a steak knife. We will not return, unless they get their act together.

• 1 month later...
It seems to go back and forth between free and extra cost. I believe the latest situation is that it's free.

Yes, it seems like they are experimenting. We are booked for two nights on our sailing next week on the Anthem and we were not charged when we made the reservations.

Is it possible they are charging on some ships and not others?

Yes, it seems like they are experimenting. We are booked for two nights on our sailing next week on the Anthem and we were not charged when we made the reservations.

Is it possible they are charging on some ships and not others?

Yes, that would not surprise me.

Yes, that would not surprise me.

From a reply to a post I made on another thread:

It has been complimentary for dinner on Anthem and Harmony while they have been charging for dinner on Oasis.

Free for breakfast and lunch on Anthem, Harmony, Oasis and Allure.

On Allure in the evenings it turns into Samba a fee restaurant.

We were correct! Lol.

We have a routine when we sail. We like to dine at a specialty restaurant around sun set on the first night.... one with a view. alas Oasis class has only one specialty restaurant that has some sun set ambiance... and that is the Solarium Bistro. First night specialty restaurants tend to be quiet vs other nights, so it is a good night to have dinner and enjoy sun set. We enjoyed the dinner we had on Oasis, as I recall it was light and healthier than say a big steak, and it was very quiet, no wonder they are experimenting with fee structure. It is a bit far away from the bars and other dining options... so it may be forgotten as an option.

If you wait until you board you can try to get a deal for dinner on the first night. You might see if you can get it for half off.

We were on the Oasis last week. Breakfast and lunch at the Solarium Bistro are buffets and are free and open to all. We enjoyed their breakfast very much, they basically had all of the regular buffet items except fried eggs or omelets made to order. Great selections of fruit! Lunch we weren't as crazy about, it was a buffet with some hot items and a partial salad bar. Nothing wrong with it, the foods just didn't appeal to us (we became Park Cafe junkies!)

Dinner there was definitely a surcharge, I seem to remember the $25 range. It was described as a Mediterranean menu. We did not have dinner there

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We were on the Oasis the week of 11/13 and did have some experiences with the Bistro. We were signed up for MTD @ 7 PM and as soon as we boarded we headed for the main dining room to try for earlier MTD times. No could do but they did offer us 2 comped dinners to the Bistro for the first 2 nights for our group of 6. We headed there and did enjoy our meals and the ambience of the Bistro room. Great service and quiet enough to be able to talk with each other at the table. Limited menu choices but what we had was very good. Nice selection of appy's in a buffet setting and the main entree was waiter served. I had the steak one night and the lamb another night and all were very good. The other 2 couples at our table also enjoyed their dinners. Nice selection of self serve desserts finished off our meals. Formal night we went to try for MTD and again we were offered comped dinners in the Bistro. Free is always a good thing so once again we headed to the Bistro to enjoy another good meal. The only drawback was that the menu selections are limited and the 3rd night there we were all ordering the same choices once again. But lobster was also served on the 3rd night and everyone at the table enjoyed them. In fact 2 of the men got another round of lobster. Great attentive service was also another highlight.

Skip

Currently on the Oasis. MTD is a cluster. So they are offering complimentary dining in the Solarium Bistro for dinner. Price is $25 that is waived when voucher from MTD presented. Food is okay. The lamb chops were excellent but "striploin steak" left a little to be desired. This is day 6 of a seven day cruise and we have only been able to eat in dining room once. It is available if you are willing to eat at 8:30-8:45. We have dined twice in Solaruim Bistro but since menu doesn't change I don't want to do it again. Tonight is formal night and unable to get reservations for dining room.

Chris

• 5 months later...
Tonight is formal night and unable to get reservations for dining room.

Chris

sorry, I realize this is more of a MTD question but, since you brought it up I would like to hear your experience....

Just wondering, did you pick a time and reserve online for your MTD or did you wait until you got on the ship? When we were on EOS a few years ago we signed up for MTD and picked like 7pm for every night. We pretty much stuck with that time. Once, when we thought we wanted to eat earlier there weren't any times available. I would like to go with 6:30 this time because of the shows and times in port. But now I'm nervous. lol

We have Solarium Bistro booked at $0 for our upcoming cruise on Oasis in August. I wonder if they will honor the free price or charge us at the door?

To my knowledge, the Solarium Bistro is now free for dinner on Oasis, except for a couple of extra cost entrees on the menu.

We have Solarium Bistro booked at $0 for our upcoming cruise on Oasis in August. I wonder if they will honor the free price or charge us at the door?

My cruise is in September. I see only mtd and specialty packages. How does one get to the reservations for solarium bistro?

My cruise is in September. I see only mtd and specialty packages. How does one get to the reservations for solarium bistro?

I don't see Solarium Bistro listed for our Oasis cruise next month.

I don't see Solarium Bistro listed for our Oasis cruise next month.

Sorry for this, we were talking about Coastal Kitchen earlier and that's the restaurant I cannot see for our cruise. I see Solarium Bistro listed for our cruise next month.