VISION trip to Baltic

Have you checked your roll call? There are usually groups getting tours organized there. We are on the June 15th Baltic on Vision and a lot of the groups are using Alla Tours. Seems to come highly recommended. Check it out.

This was my families first cruise and we have never looked back and we love Vision the staff are wonderful we used Allah Tours and can't reccomend them highly enough they made sure we squeezed every minute out of our time in St Petersburg. Defiantly join your roll call and you should be able to join up with others looking for a tour

Check out the Northern Europe ports of call forum - there are a few threads with recommendations for private tour companies. They are all pretty good and have similar offerings. I think it comes down to what you want to see and how much time you want to spend at each site.

I went with SPB last summer because their itinerary matched up with the sights that I wanted to see.

Two main things:

St Petersburg: Hire a private guide. Although it will be more expensive, you'll actually get to enjoy the port. We met a couple on that cruise who had elected one of the ship's tours. We saw them in the Hermitage. The group was huge and everyone needed to wear earphones.

Estonia: No tour. Hopefully if you go to the Northern Europe Ports section, someone will still have the diy tour someone created a few years ago It worked perfectly for us.

My husband and I will be on Baltic cruise on the Vision on July 9th. Does any one have any advice on the shore tours? If anyone else is traveling on this cruise, could we put together private tours with more people?

We are also on this cruise. We are a group of 12 so we already have a full van. We booked with TJ Tours in St. Petersburg, but it seems any tour company will be great. A word of advice. In St. Petersburg you need a Russian Visa to get off the ship. Every tour company that is licensed by the Govt. provides these Visas. To purchase a Visa on your own is quiet expensive. Any Ship tour also provides the Visas. As others have said, go on the Roll Call and see if there is any space left for a tour you might enjoy. Otherwise, check the websites of the tour companies and see what they can do for you. We had friends who did a private tour (only 2 of them) and it was very expensive, but very flexible and comprehensive. But you can find a group tour somewhere. I wouldn't wait too long as some tour companies have a "book by" date in order to get all the paperwork sent.

My husband and I will be on Baltic cruise on the Vision on July 9th. Does any one have any advice on the shore tours? If anyone else is traveling on this cruise, could we put together private tours with more people?

I have set up this tour on roll call ..St. Petersburg 2 day tours...please join us..

July 9, 2017 - Vision of the Seas 12 Night Baltic

DAY 1

8:30 Meet at the ship

8:30–10:00 City highlights drive tour

10:00–11:30 Visit to St Peter and Paul Fortress and excursion in St Peter and Paul Cathedral

11:30–12:00 Travel to Peterhof by hydrofoil

12:00–13:30 Tour of the Lower Fountain Park and Upper gardens

13:30–14:30 Travel to Tsars Village; packed lunch (Stolle pies incl.)

14:30–16:00 Excursion in Catherine Palace incl. Amber room and walk through the park

16:00–17:30 Return to the city with a stop for a subway ride

Payment for the tour;

18:00 Onboard

Evening optional program

DAY 2

7:30 Meet at the ship

City tour, time for shopping

8:30 – 9:30 Boat ride: City tour from the water angle

9:30 – 12:00 Excursion in the Hermitage Museum (early entry)

12:00 – 13:00 Lunch in a local restaurant

13:00 – 14:00 Excursion in the Church on the Blood

14:00 – 15:30 Excursion in Yusupov’s Palace

15:30 – 16:30 Excursion in St Isaac Cathedral

17:00 Onboard

18:00 Sailing off

This is through Alla Tours

Let me know if your interested :)

• 1 month later...
Hello:

My wife and I are interested in joining your tour. Is there room for 2 more, and if so, how do we make the arrangements? Thanks in advance

Yes we have room!

Email Anya; anya@alla-tour.com

Tell her you want to be in team-lots-2-see

You will get the discounted rate.

You don't have pay until we are there.

I have added you to my list for Alla 2 day Grand Tour[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello:

My wife and I are interested in joining your tour. Is there room for 2 more, and if so, how do we make the arrangements? Thanks in advance

Info@alla-tour.com

Use this email address to contact Anya

Ask to be in the group team-lots-2-see

She will answer any questions you my have.

I can answer questions too[emoji4]

Sheri

Thanks Sheri. Will email as you suggested. Are any tours being organized for team-lots-2-see in any other ports on this cruise? If so, we would be interested.

Diane & Peter

Thanks Sheri. Will email as you suggested. Are any tours being organized for team-lots-2-see in any other ports on this cruise? If so, we would be interested.

Diane & Peter

Hi Diane and Peter,

Alla will discount other tours in other ports if there is something you are interested in.

I've done a lot of reading about all our ports and I am going to explore all of them with the exception of St. Petersburg, on our own. Our plans, with the exception of St. Petersburg, is to DIY on all other ports:

Skagen: we are planning to rent bikes near the cruise port and ride to Grenen (4.7km) once there, walk or take a ride on the Sanorman (sand worm: a trolley pull) on the sand dunes to the beach where two seas meet. Climb the grey lighthouse. Ride back to the town and explore and have lunch. Take a ride to sand covered church (4km) ride back to town and have ice cream, shop, etc...

Helsinki: dock Hernescaai LHC berth..take RCI shuttle into town. Explore Market Square, shop, eat salmon and vegetables from a vender. Explore Esplanade park, Senate Square, Lutheran Cathedral, Uspenski Cathedral. Rent bikes from there or walk to Rock Church. If time...take ferry to Suomentlinna Sea Fortress.

Tallinn: walk 15 min to old town. Explore wall and towers, climb Nun's towers for a picturesque view of the red-tiled roofs of old town, Toompea Castle, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and upper town. Eat and shop in the charming old town.

Stockholm: dock Frihammen berth F634..take RCI shuttle. Walk along the water and cross bridge (2k..25 min) o (take bus #76) to Djurgarden to Vasa museum $15 credit card. Take ferry from Djurgarden to Gamla Stan (Slussan)$4-$5..Explore old town, Royal Palace and the many pedestrian streets.

Copenhagen: dock Ocean Quay 331 take RCI Shuttle

Take a canal cruise from Nyhavn

Hang out in Nyhavn and check out the Copenhagen street food market. Travel down Storget the longest pedestrian no car street in Europe. Roam around City Hall Square and Tivoli Gardens. Will try for a photo op at little mermaid.

Amsterdam: 2 days following the cruise. Planning a canal cruise renting bikes and pedal boats. Anne Frank House, explore Jordan. Rijksmuseum, red light district, a coffee house or two, ice bar, Dam Square, floating flower markets and more.

Check Vision of the Seas July 9 Roll Call if you are still interested in other port tours and sign up for meet and mingle.

Glad to have you in my St.Petersburg group!

-Sheri

Sheri

Hey Sheri (ShipHappens) thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading. My husband and I will be doing the July 21st sailing of the Vision. We are very excited and overwhelmed by all the information and options. We are also doing most ports on our own. I just wanted to ask about something you mention in your post. You mention RCI shuttles in some ports. Are there definitely shuttles- I had read elsewhere some cruise ships had shuttles but have not found any information on these shuttles. Do you need to make arrangements are they available to anyone coming off the ship to ride to a designated areas. Thanks for any help with this issue.

Hey Sheri (ShipHappens) thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading. My husband and I will be doing the July 21st sailing of the Vision. We are very excited and overwhelmed by all the information and options. We are also doing most ports on our own. I just wanted to ask about something you mention in your post. You mention RCI shuttles in some ports. Are there definitely shuttles- I had read elsewhere some cruise ships had shuttles but have not found any information on these shuttles. Do you need to make arrangements are they available to anyone coming off the ship to ride to a designated areas. Thanks for any help with this issue.

RCI doesn't advertise them..probably trying to get people to sign up for shore excursions. They have them at all ports. I emailed them and they told me so. On our sailing they offered a shuttle to town in Helsinki where you can purchase it in shore excursions ahead of time. $12..The others will be offered while on board.

I'll just need one in Copenhagen in addition to the Helsinki shuttle.

Thank you. I have been checking off and on the RCI trip excursions- but never noted a shuttle mentioned. My husband and I also intend to bike a little (Germany and Estonia). Not brave enough to try it in busier Copenhagen or Stockholm. Sorry I will not be able to read your reviews before our trip starts;).

Info@alla-tour.com

Use this email address to contact Anya

Ask to be in the group team-lots-2-see

She will answer any questions you my have.

I can answer questions too[emoji4]

Sheri

Hi Sheri-

I sent an email to Anya to join your group. However, I received an email stating that the group was full. I'm not sure if you were aware, but you might to confirm with Anya, just in case others still wanted to join your group. You've done a great job of organizing this tour and updating everyone.

Mike

Hi Sheri-

I sent an email to Anya to join your group. However, I received an email stating that the group was full. I'm not sure if you were aware, but you might to confirm with Anya, just in case others still wanted to join your group. You've done a great job of organizing this tour and updating everyone.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I will email her as well and see where to go from here.

I'll let you know the minute I here from her.

Sheri

Hi Sheri-

Mike

Hi Mike,

Anya was correct. My two groups for the Alla St.Petersburg 2 day Grand tour is full.

However, you can sign up and be with people from our cruise ship.

Sheri

Hi Mike,

Anya was correct. My two groups for the Alla St.Petersburg 2 day Grand tour is full.

However, you can sign up and be with people from our cruise ship.

Sheri

Sheri. I'm in the process of booking the tour with Alla for St. Petersburg. Hopefully we'll meet up and talk during the MM.

Mike

• 1 month later...
Hi Diane and Peter,

Alla will discount other tours in other ports if there is something you are interested in.

I've done a lot of reading about all our ports and I am going to explore all of them with the exception of St. Petersburg, on our own. Our plans, with the exception of St. Petersburg, is to DIY on all other ports:

Skagen: we are planning to rent bikes near the cruise port and ride to Grenen (4.7km) once there, walk or take a ride on the Sanorman (sand worm: a trolley pull) on the sand dunes to the beach where two seas meet. Climb the grey lighthouse. Ride back to the town and explore and have lunch. Take a ride to sand covered church (4km) ride back to town and have ice cream, shop, etc...

Helsinki: dock Hernescaai LHC berth..take RCI shuttle into town. Explore Market Square, shop, eat salmon and vegetables from a vender. Explore Esplanade park, Senate Square, Lutheran Cathedral, Uspenski Cathedral. Rent bikes from there or walk to Rock Church. If time...take ferry to Suomentlinna Sea Fortress.

Tallinn: walk 15 min to old town. Explore wall and towers, climb Nun's towers for a picturesque view of the red-tiled roofs of old town, Toompea Castle, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and upper town. Eat and shop in the charming old town.

Stockholm: dock Frihammen berth F634..take RCI shuttle. Walk along the water and cross bridge (2k..25 min) o (take bus #76) to Djurgarden to Vasa museum $15 credit card. Take ferry from Djurgarden to Gamla Stan (Slussan)$4-$5..Explore old town, Royal Palace and the many pedestrian streets.

Copenhagen: dock Ocean Quay 331 take RCI Shuttle

Take a canal cruise from Nyhavn

Hang out in Nyhavn and check out the Copenhagen street food market. Travel down Storget the longest pedestrian no car street in Europe. Roam around City Hall Square and Tivoli Gardens. Will try for a photo op at little mermaid.

Amsterdam: 2 days following the cruise. Planning a canal cruise renting bikes and pedal boats. Anne Frank House, explore Jordan. Rijksmuseum, red light district, a coffee house or two, ice bar, Dam Square, floating flower markets and more.

Check Vision of the Seas July 9 Roll Call if you are still interested in other port tours and sign up for meet and mingle.

Glad to have you in my St.Petersburg group!

-Sheri

Sheri

Sheri,

I'm hoping you will write a review after you return. We are on the Brilliance sailing May 1, 2018 and plan to do some of the same things you have mentioned. I'm especially interested in your Skagen experience as so little is posted about Skagen. Hope you have having a wonderful trip!

Karen