Rose house & beach or mayfield falls?

missmissypie068

I'm trying to decide which A-Z Jamaica tour to go with. It's down to the Rose Great House tour and Rose Hall beach and Margaritaville OR Mayfield Falls and a tour of Rose Great House OR skip the falls and do the house and the Rose hall beach. I'm torn because I'd love some "do nothing" beach time because we're doing water activities on our other island excursions. Has anyone done Mayfield Falls and Rose Hall Beach? Is it enough beach time? Thanks!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
I can't speak about the other items but I was in Rose Hall last week staying at the Ritz-Carlton. The beach was incredible and we visited the Rose Hall House at night with a private dinner. It was beautiful and has a pub and gift shop in the basement. The story about the "White Witch" is very interesting. Margaritaville in town is fun, it has 3 floors of restaurant, a slide into the water, water trampolines, bar, gift shop and a dj. We did a snorkel cataramarn to Margaritaville.

I'm sure you'll have a great time in Jamaica whatever you decide.

We did the Rose Hall Mansion & Beach tour with a-zjamaicaplanners. Since you are doing other type water sports at other ports, why not experience a little bit of history and local culture of this beautiful island and skip the falls this time. Your driver will be there for you about 8 a.m. with your name on a clip board, so go to the Mansion first for an amusing tour and "Witches brew". Then you will tour to Rose Hall Beach where you can stay for as long as you wish. There is lots of traffic near the ports so do allow for slow going upon your return to the ship. We did do some shopping where Reyn waited there for us but we decided to skip Margaritaville as we were just too tired. You will have plenty of time to enjoy yourself on the beach and as mentioned, there is beach and water toys at Margaritaville, too.
Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04
Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003
Carnival Legend 4/11/2003
Carnival Pride 2/23/2002
Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001
Grand Princess 3/2001
Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000
Sea Princess 2/22/1999
Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998
Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998
Celebrity Century 3/1997
Celebrity Zenith 11/1996
Legend of the Seas 6/1995
Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

Thanks, I pretty much decided to skip the Falls and do the trip you mentioned. BUT, I've heard back from Belinda at A-Z Jamaica tours and Rose Hall Beach is no longer an option. She said they recently closed and now they go to Aqua Sol. I'm not so sure about this now. I'd love some more info on Aqua Sol. I'm afraid it's too touristy. Thanks for any advice!

Melissa

Archived