Which Carnival Ships Have the 6J Floor to Ceiling Windows

MNelson486

Hello All,

I am looking to book a trip about a year out and would really love to have connecting cabins with those floor to ceiling windows -- the only ship I can find them on is the Valor on the Lido (9198, 9196, 9197, 9199).

Is that the only ship in this class that has had this change made? Does anyone know if this is in the dry dock plans for Destiny or Liberty or Glory?

Has anyone stayed in these rooms? They look fantastic..

Thanks!

Missy

Its the only ship left .. all the rest were converted to balconys

PS you seem to imply that its something might be coming .. but its something that was done to all the other conquest class ships. They all used to have them, but were already upgraded during dry dock .. will never now be down graded back. They can get more for balconys.

All conquest ships had them on spa deck, but ALL had them removed and converted to balconies (Liberty was the last during drydock).

Valor is an unusual bird. They added 2 suites (captain suites) over the wings of the bridge, and also added 4 of these floor to ceiling oceanview cabins - with FORWARD FACING windows. We saw pictures recently and it took my breath away - AMAZING.

Hope that helps.

All conquest ships had them on spa deck, but ALL had them removed and converted to balconies (Liberty was the last during drydock).

Valor is an unusual bird. They added 2 suites (captain suites) over the wings of the bridge, and also added 4 of these floor to ceiling oceanview cabins - with FORWARD FACING windows. We saw pictures recently and it took my breath away - AMAZING.

Hope that helps.

I would love to have one of those forward facing windows on Valor. The view would have me in my cabin all day.

Thank you all for the information -- I wonder if they will ever do what they did on the Valor to the other ships because those rooms look nice AND they are connecting cabins which is unusual for the forward rooms like that.

Happy Sailings All!

I booked a 6J Family Ocean View on the Spa deck of the Liberty. They are all 4 berths and some have connecting rooms. They changed to 8E I think during dry dock when they converted part of the room into a balcony.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/liberty/Liberty_Deck_Plan.pdf

Yes, all of the old 6J's are gone during the last dry dock when they added a balcony making them an 8E.

Personally I loved the 6J's and tried a converted one on the Destiny and didn't like the way it felt that people were always looking down onto your balcony.

Seeing the pictures of that oceanview on the valor - I'm thinking I need to see if I can book a trip on it just for my hubs and I - love love love it!

• 4 months later...

DSC02084.jpg

DSC02082-1.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

DSC02227.jpg

Edited to add:

There are no balconies above for people to look over into your room.

Plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 teenaged boys. Couch opens up to double bed.

No excessive rocking. Cruise was quite calm.

View looks out onto deck that appears to be used by the crew. Rarely anyone there the entire cruise.

Great room, would book it again!

• 5 months later...

Just to clarify, the photos from one of the earlier posts to this thread are from a Scenic Grand Ocean View Room, category 6K, and not from a Scenic Ocean View Room, category 6J.

In case you wanted to drool over the photos from Valors new Scenic Oceanview rooms...

Cabin 9200 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1355598#

Valor_Feb11_002.jpg

Valor_Feb11_004.jpg

Valor_Feb11_006.jpg

Valor_Feb11_010.jpg

Archived