Solo on HAL

mame42

I urge any past, present, or future solo cruisers on HAL to email both Guest Relations and the Mariner Society requesting a change in the way HAL awards Mariners' points to solos. Celebrity, Princess, and RCCL give solos points commensurate with the single supplement paid per cabin (double points for 200% and so forth). Such a policy change would persuade solos that HAL appreciates and solicits our business far more than the "Harry Potter" single cabins on the new ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Mame, is that really true? That the other lines you named award loyalty points based on the 200% supplement?

If so, then I'll CERTAINLY fire off a nastygram to HAL customer relations. There's only been ONE HAL trip that I was fortunate enough to get a bit off the full double supplement. On the rest of them I paid double but received only the usual 1 point per night Mariner reward.

Rather than being nasty, why not politely point out the advantages to the cruise line of rewarding solos who may then become loyal cruisers? As we say in the South, you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

Roz

Rather than being nasty, why not politely point out the advantages to the cruise line of rewarding solos who may then become loyal cruisers? As we say in the South, you can attract more bees with honey than vinegar.

Roz

You are correct, of course. I'll send them a polite note -- actually a query as to why HAL chooses not to do this, especially since Princess (also a CCL subsidiary) does so.