How does my day plan sound?

NayaSantaFe

We will be in Bridgetown from 8am to 5pm in April. I think I have pretty much worked out what we want to do, but I would like some advice. Please let me know if it looks fine or if I need to add or change something!

The Boatyard

(30min Walk / 10min Cab)

$30 for 2 Chairs, Umbrella, 2 Drinks and Ride Back to Ship

OR

Lobster Alive Restaurant/Beach

Right Next to Boatyard - Carlisle Bay*

(30min Walk / 10min Cab)

$15 for 2 Chairs and 1 Umbrella + 3 Half Priced Drinks

LUNCH: Wed 12pm to 3pm

NOTE: Upon Arrival to Either Beach Grab Glass Bottom Boat to Turtles and Wreck

Neville Blue Boat OR Sean Yellow Boat

($20 p/p)

Don't Need to Pre-Book...Catch Boat on Boatyard or Lobster Alive Beach

LUNCH

Cuz's Fish Stand

Near Radisson Acuatica Resort on Aquatic Gap Street

(3min Cab or 20min Walk)

We will be in Bridgetown from 8am to 5pm in April. I think I have pretty much worked out what we want to do, but I would like some advice. Please let me know if it looks fine or if I need to add or change something!

The Boatyard

(30min Walk / 10min Cab)

$30 for 2 Chairs, Umbrella, 2 Drinks and Ride Back to Ship

OR

Lobster Alive Restaurant/Beach

Right Next to Boatyard - Carlisle Bay*

(30min Walk / 10min Cab)

$15 for 2 Chairs and 1 Umbrella + 3 Half Priced Drinks

LUNCH: Wed 12pm to 3pm

NOTE: Upon Arrival to Either Beach Grab Glass Bottom Boat to Turtles and Wreck

Neville Blue Boat OR Sean Yellow Boat

($20 p/p)

Don't Need to Pre-Book...Catch Boat on Boatyard or Lobster Alive Beach

LUNCH

Cuz's Fish Stand

Near Radisson Acuatica Resort on Aquatic Gap Street

(3min Cab or 20min Walk)

We did Lobster Alive back in December, it was nice, but the food was very expensive and the staff at the bar was not so friendly. The boatyard looked a bit more lively and the shuttle back to the ship saves you the $15 taxi fare, so I would go with the Boatyard. This stretch of beach was gorgeous!

We did Lobster Alive back in December, it was nice, but the food was very expensive and the staff at the bar was not so friendly. The boatyard looked a bit more lively and the shuttle back to the ship saves you the $15 taxi fare, so I would go with the Boatyard. This stretch of beach was gorgeous!

Thanks for the advice!

Did you see any of the glass bottom boats while you were there? I want to make sure we can find them there.

• 2 weeks later...

We would love to swim/snorkel with the sea turtles too. However, like the OP, we want to enjoy beach time and look to take a boat out from shore to view the turtles (maybe just for half hour or one hour only). We are not interested in a boat ride from port as a half/full day excursion. So question similar...... How likely will it be that we can get a boat out from shore, where would we find it or will they be soliciting us on beach, and would it be at Boatyard? Thx!

We would love to swim/snorkel with the sea turtles too. However, like the OP, we want to enjoy beach time and look to take a boat out from shore to view the turtles (maybe just for half hour or one hour only). We are not interested in a boat ride from port as a half/full day excursion. So question similar...... How likely will it be that we can get a boat out from shore, where would we find it or will they be soliciting us on beach, and would it be at Boatyard? Thx!

From my understanding of it, there will be someone on the beach walking around offering the tour. So you will be able to have plenty of beach time.:)

Don't worry, the tour operators will find you! They will definitely be rounding up passengers both at the Boatyard and Lobster's Alive. The tough thing would be turning down all the offers.

We enjoyed our day there and the snorkeling. We went to Lobster's Alive and rented chairs for beach time.