Teeth Whitening on board Norwegian Epic

Skotty

No, but if you don't mind some advice, please don't do this onboard ship. Not only will you be paying a premium because as a captive audience they can charge you whatever they want, but they are often not professionally trained enough to do this procedure. Something could go wrong and in fact, I've read here that people had this done and it was a terrible experience. :(

Personally, I would only want my own dentist working on my teeth. Do it before your vacation and then you can enjoy your time off. :)

I read on an old thread (2 years ago) that it was $150. Many people suggested not doing it on the ship because it can make your teeth very sensitive and you are supposed to avoid red wine and coffee for awhile afterwards. Many commented that the whitening strips you can buy in the drug store work just as well (in fact, that is what my dentist recommends) and are much cheaper. You also don't run the risk of sensitive teeth ruining your cruise.

Scrapana, has it right. I would not do it on the ship.

By the way the cost of doing it at most dentists is much less than it used to be. I would look into that.

But don't do it on the ship. If your teeth are sensitive it can bother you for a few days.

Keith

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would never want to have my teeth whitened on a ship -- the majority of the people who do this work in the beauty salon and really are not certified.

Also -- if a problem should develop -- there is no dentist on board to straighten out any problems.

No, but if you don't mind some advice, please don't do this onboard ship. Not only will you be paying a premium because as a captive audience they can charge you whatever they want, but they are often not professionally trained enough to do this procedure. Something could go wrong and in fact, I've read here that people had this done and it was a terrible experience. :(

Personally, I would only want my own dentist working on my teeth. Do it before your vacation and then you can enjoy your time off. :)

Good advise.

Hi does anybody know how much it costs to have Teeth Whitening done on board the Norwegian Cruise Ships please.:D

don't bother.

one, its way overpriced and two do you REALLY want uber sensitive teeth the rest of your cruise? plus having to abstain from things like, tea, coffee, red wine?

I dunno if have the option where you are, but we have at home kits for under $100 ( and a few way under that) that do the job just as well.. and if you do it a week or so before the cruise, no sensitivity issues on board.

I suppose teeth whitening is just a continuation of the trend of people wanting to do everything on a cruise: rock climbing, zip-lining, ice skating, bowling, ice skating -- why not cosmetic dentistry? It seems people are interested in virtually every imaginable activity on board ship except, for a few, hand washing.

Hi does anybody know how much it costs to have Teeth Whitening done on board the Norwegian Cruise Ships please.:D

I suggest you spend your money on better priorities, like face lifts and breast enhancements.:rolleyes:

On a cruise ship you are outside of the health regulations of jurisdictions in the US. If something goes wrong, you're screwed.

Some people have very painful sensitivity after such treatments and as stated above, no one on the ship can or will help you.

I picked up the kit from my dentist. This also included a custom made mould, and enough syringes for 3 treatments. The cost was around $ 300 CDN. For those of you that have done this, do you use the Crest strips to maintain or rely on doing the whitening process every 6 months? I am not scheduled to see my dentist for another 5 months.

I picked up the kit from my dentist. This also included a custom made mould, and enough syringes for 3 treatments. The cost was around $ 300 CDN. For those of you that have done this, do you use the Crest strips to maintain or rely on doing the whitening process every 6 months? I am not scheduled to see my dentist for another 5 months.

This is exactly what I did and my cost was the same. Several times a year I pop into my dentist's office and just buy one refill syringe - I am charged $25.00 for it.

Alternatively, yes I have used the Crest Whitestrips (the advanced level but not the top of the line) and I find they work well. I had a few problems with the syringes and decided it was not worth the trouble, really.

See if your dentist will sell you just one syringe. :)

The cruise fashions and beauty forum. Lots of horror stories over their about this type of treatment and others that have happened onboard. Not just the cost but in many cases the results, some of which seem to be semi permanent. My DW uses the spas on all the ships we sail on for massages and the odd hair tuneup. As a nurse she has told me that she would never look at any of the quazi medical treatments offerd such as teeth whitening or worse yet botox.

This is exactly what I did and my cost was the same. Several times a year I pop into my dentist's office and just buy one refill syringe - I am charged $25.00 for it.

Alternatively, yes I have used the Crest Whitestrips (the advanced level but not the top of the line) and I find they work well. I had a few problems with the syringes and decided it was not worth the trouble, really.

See if your dentist will sell you just one syringe. :)

This. When I did my semi-annual visit to my dentist and hygenist, I'd ask for a syringe. It is about $25. I've also done the new Whitestrips (the 2nd from the top ones). They work equally well. I tried the old ones, but my mouth hated them and they'd move around. The new ones are much better.

If the old Whitestrips had worked like the new ones, feel-wise, I probably would have done them and not bought my kit. But, the kit did it's job for years until the new Whitestrips. I can do both if I want - if I feel I need a little whitening, I can do the Whitestrips until I see my hygienist...

Don't get it done onboard!!! No reason to do it, plenty of reasons not to do it. I want to be able to eat and drink as I want to, not to be limited by a whitening process...

Archived