Folkstone or Holetown - or ? snorkeling and turtles

Frznrth

Hi.

Does anyone know which place might have better snorkeling and the chance to see turtles from the beach. My wife isn't a big swimmer and we would rather spend a few hours on a nice beach than on a catamaran.

I had asked before about Worthing beach but from what I hear these other two might be a better choice - or another no too far of a cab ride from the pier?

Thanks much for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Holetown Beach in 2011 and were not too impressed with it. We are looking for another beach option when we go in February . We were at a great beach in 2007 and am not sure of the name. Is there a DiscoveryBay Beach in Barbgados?? i just remember there were very nice rolling waves that would just lift you gently.

• 2 weeks later...

Check this out:

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

but be careful, I noticed the listing for Sandy Beach says it is hard to find; not so at all; and that it is opposite Extreme nightclub, which has been closed for several years and is now totally unrecognizable as it is an office complex!

So look for reviews that are more recent than their videos; but it is still a helpful site. Our favourite south coast beaches are Rockley/Accra; Sandy Beach or Worthing Beach; Dover beach in St. Lawrence Gap.

Folkestone is a walk from Holetown. It is a great place because it has an underwater marine trail just off the shore. The Holetown beach recently was quite nice. Carlisle Bay is popular as it is huge, the catamarans go there to see the turtles; but you might have to swim a little ways out to see them; though they are sometimes quite close to shore.

See http://www.mydestination.com/Barbados also for the Barbados In a Nutshell guide; and Barbados.org.