Shipboard Temperature Please

Carol28

First of all, I am happy to report that we are going on our cruise!

I recall HAL ships being very cold in the public rooms. I realize this is a personal opinion, but i recall even in the warmest of climates, I'd have to wear socks and sweaters in the dining room and elsewhere.

Have things changed? We will be sailing on the Nieux Amsterdam.

I can't really answer your question as I don't find ship public rooms to be too cold. On a rare occasion I will take a sweater to the showroom during the day. We keep our cabin at 66* if possible even in Alaska. Perhaps living in the hot desert has something to do with it. I would rather be too cold then too hot. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam a couple of years ago and the temps seemed quite nice.

It can vary from ship to ship. There is no definitive answer. Last cruise on the Zaandam [April 6 to 20/13] the MDR was freezing. I finally gave up trying to have breakfast there and always had to ware a blazer in the evening.:(

It can vary from ship to ship.

On our last cruise on the Westerdam, there were times when the dining room and Pinnacle were cold -- then other times it would be too warm for us.

Our hallway was always warm while the starboard hallway was always cold.

Just take a sweater.

It does vary from ship to ship and I always bring a sweater to wear in the dining room. With that said, on the Veendam and Maasdam, I had to buy a sweatshirt because the public areas were freezing. The last cruise, not so cold. I brought along the sweatshirt so it warmed up.:eek:

I, too, had to purchase a HAL sweatshirt a few cruises ago. I bought a black one with black spangles on the arms and a hoodie. The only problem was the HAL logo. So, when I got home, a friend shaped a heart-shaped spangle 'badge' over the logo and now I have a fancy-schmancy sweat shirt. BUT, today I decided it is just too casual for the dining room because of the hoodie. Am I wrong?

I, too, had to purchase a HAL sweatshirt a few cruises ago. I bought a black one with black spangles on the arms and a hoodie. The only problem was the HAL logo. So, when I got home, a friend shaped a heart-shaped spangle 'badge' over the logo and now I have a fancy-schmancy sweat shirt. BUT, today I decided it is just too casual for the dining room because of the hoodie. Am I wrong?

In my opinion it is not too casual - I have a white hoodie that I bought on the Statendam a number of years ago and I always bring it with me on our cruises. Good for the Lido, Showroom, and the MDR.... the hoodie lies nice and flat and I do not consider it too casual.... Nice and cozy. :)

Archived