5 Hour Energy Shots

I really doubt they would confiscate energy shots from you. Just pack them in your medical/toiletries bag - don't think they'll snoop in there, anyway.

While you aren't supposed to carry beverages onboard (though people have reported being able to), there is no ban that I know of against caffeine shots.

I wouldn't see why this would be a problem? It's not alcohol. Plus they are so small put them in your checked luggage with your toiletries.

I mean your not supposed to bring drinks or water yet they don't seem to stop anyone, so why would they care for energy drinks when they are so small? (well im talking about the small 5-hour energy, not the big energy drink cans) if its the big cans then yea maybe I can see a problem

• 1 month later...

I emailed Carnival and here is the answer I received:

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We're very excited that you're going to be sailing with us onboard. We are sure that you're going to experience a fun and memorable cruise vacation. Yes, you will be able to bring the "5 Hour Energy Shot" onboard since it is not an alcoholic beverage and it is less than 20 ounces. Below you will find additional information on our beverage policy.

Summary

Alcohol/Hard Liquor/Beer (including Non-Alcoholic Beer)

• not permitted

Non-Alcoholic Beverages

• <LI class=MsoNormalCxSpMiddle style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less, per guest
  • Non-Alcoholic Beer not permitted

Wine/Champagne

• <LI class=MsoNormalCxSpMiddle style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older
  • one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Hello Tammy,

We're very excited that you're going to be sailing with us onboard. We are sure that you're going to experience a fun and memorable cruise vacation. Yes, you will be able to bring the "5 Hour Energy Shot" onboard since it is not an alcoholic beverage and it is less than 20 ounces. Below you will find additional information on our beverage policy.

Summary

• not permitted

Non-Alcoholic Beverages

• <LI class=MsoNormalCxSpMiddle style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less, per guest

Wine/Champagne

• <LI class=MsoNormalCxSpMiddle style="mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1">one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older
  • one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

CARNIVAL? Isn't this a RC question?

I brought a box of 12 5hours on my last cruise. I don't drink coffee.

Hello Tammy,

Summary

• not permitted

Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Wine/Champagne

I am glad that you were able to get a response from Carnival, however, this is a Royal Caribbean board. If you are traveling on a Royal Caribbean Ship, it will not matter what the policies are from Carnival.

On our recent cruise on the Liberty last month....my DH brought 5 hour engery drinks without incident...we even had them in our carry on luggage at the airport....just put them in a zip lock bag and they went thru the scanner with no problem.

We brought something similar but is powdered and is called ZipFizz. We got them at Costco and they worked great and we didn't have to worry about the whole liquid thing. We just mixed the ZipFizz with water and it was very convenient.

Archived