NCL: Coffee Makers in Balcony Cabins??

Natanni

I am booked on NCL! I have sailed on RCCL, Carnival and Princess and I have snuck a mini-coffee maker and my own ground beans on board the last couple of cruises that we didn't have to fly for. I believe I just read in the "amenities for bal. cabins" thread that NCL has COFFEE MAKERS in the ROOM? Is this for real?? :eek::D If so, I will never be going back to another line!!

All the balcony cabins I've been in, up to and including the Sun about 2 weeks ago, did have coffee makers. They are the 4 cup Mr. Coffee type. Oh, and the room attendants do leave coffee packets and associated items in the room. It's very similar to what you would find in a motel room.

Edited by roger001

And, since you are obviously a coffee lover, you must try to book a suite some day! They come with a Lavazza Blue coffee magic machine that fresh brews individual espressos, lungos, even lattes and the like! And Tea! They are amazing.

lavazza-blue-LB2210.jpg

Edited by valleyvillage

And, since you are obviously a coffee lover, you must try to book a suite some day! They come with a Lavazza Blue coffee magic machine that fresh brews individual espressos, lungos, even lattes and the like! And Tea! They are amazing.

lavazza-blue-LB2210.jpg

I am still in shock over having a coffee maker in my cabin! So nice to see a cruise line that considers the coffee lovers!

It is one of my favorite things about NCL. Until recently all cabins had coffee makers, but now it's only balcony and above. Although, on our Baltic cruise we booked an inside and I requested a coffee maker and they had one in the cabin when we got there - of course, we're Gold Latitudes but I think if you ask nicely your steward could get you one n matter what the level.

I just love having that coffee ready as soon as I step out of bed. Woohoo!

lavazza-blue-LB2210.jpg

I am still in shock over having a coffee maker in my cabin! So nice to see a cruise line that considers the coffee lovers!

That machine is for SUITES.

We were on the Jewel in Oct. and they only hAd the pot that heated hot water and had packets of Instant Coffee to use..I asked if they had a regular Mr. Coffee Pot like we had lAst year on the Gem but they never brought me one..

We were on the Jewel in Oct. and they only hAd the pot that heated hot water and had packets of Instant Coffee to use..I asked if they had a regular Mr. Coffee Pot like we had lAst year on the Gem but they never brought me one..

Same here - balcony on Jewel, and just a hot pot. :confused:

• 7 months later...

You may still want to bring your own beans if you are particular about your coffee. I didn't find the provided coffee packs made a very tasty cuppa until I followed by DBiL's advice and started using two of the packages per pot. Then it tasted like something

We are in a aft penthouse on the Jade next June and so hope we get a good coffee machine - has anyone had this cabin?

We have just returned from an Alaska cruise with Regent and no coffee machines there at all but we did take a travel kettle with us but not the same.

I too just love a cup of coffee first thing and cannot think of starting the day without one.

You may still want to bring your own beans if you are particular about your coffee. I didn't find the provided coffee packs made a very tasty cuppa until I followed by DBiL's advice and started using two of the packages per pot. Then it tasted like something

I second this suggestion. I'm not a coffee snob per se (maybe a little bit), and I'm definitely not an NCL basher (love NCL!), but the coffee for the little maker in our mini-suite on the Jewel was not enjoyable at all. After one try at that, we decided that it was well worth it to just go up to the buffet and bring some down.

JMHO,

ee

• 2 years later...

As I am from Germany I don't know exactly what a "hot pot" is.

Is it this? https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hot+pot%22+wasserkocher&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Q42jUsfPFMPVtAaGyoGwDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=615#q=+wasserkocher&tbm=isch

or can somebody show me a picture at google, if it is anything else, please?

We will be in a balcony cabin on the Jade soon and hope that we will have these normal coffee maker machines as usually are on balcony cabins and not a "hot pot" or whatever.

Edited by conny111

For what it's worth I found the decaf really nice, the full-caf not so much. Though I only put about 4/5 water in, or a little less, and that was also better - plus the husband doesn't like coffee so only needed two cups worth out of each serving.

P.s. It was filter coffee machines in mini-suite and balcony cabins, respectively, on the Epic and Spirit. When having a nosey in some (vacated) inside room I noticed some Spirit cabins had coffee makers, but not all.

Our coffee pot in our Balcony cabin on the Spirit was simply awful. It hardly got even warm and the coffee tasted terrible. Tried it twice, once on the morning we were hit by huge waves entering Casablanca, just to steady my nerves, haha but it was undrinkable.

It is one of my favorite things about NCL. Until recently all cabins had coffee makers, but now it's only balcony and above. Although, on our Baltic cruise we booked an inside and I requested a coffee maker and they had one in the cabin when we got there - of course, we're Gold Latitudes but I think if you ask nicely your steward could get you one n matter what the level.

I just love having that coffee ready as soon as I step out of bed. Woohoo!

Hi friend, I had heard you can request them, as well as requesting robes, but we haven't tried it. We are going on the Sun, leaving Wednesday and booked a balcony this time. We will be so happy to have the coffee maker, instead of ordering coffee every morning.

As I am from Germany I don't know exactly what a "hot pot" is.

Is it this? https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hot+pot%22+wasserkocher&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Q42jUsfPFMPVtAaGyoGwDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=615#q=+wasserkocher&tbm=isch

or can somebody show me a picture at google, if it is anything else, please?

Could someone please give me the answer to the above question?

Could someone please give me the answer to the above question?

In the US, the term "hot pot" usually refers to a small carafe with a heating element and a modest (typically 1-2 cup) water capacity. They typically are used to heat water to a temperature suitable for instant coffee, tea, instant soup, ramen noodles, etc.

In the US, the term "hot pot" usually refers to a small carafe with a heating element and a modest (typically 1-2 cup) water capacity. They typically are used to heat water to a temperature suitable for instant coffee, tea, instant soup, ramen noodles, etc.

ok, thanx, then it seems to be something like this: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hot+pot%22+wasserkocher&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Q42jUsfPFMPVtAaGyoGwDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=615#q=+wasserkocher&tbm=isch

Same here - balcony on Jewel, and just a hot pot. :confused:

We will be on the Jewel this coming weekend. I thought they had coffee pots too.

I don't understand what a "hot pot" is either. I have never heard of such a thing. I'm picturing this tea kettle type of contraption that you would put on a stove to heat up until it's boiling and then put in packets or something like you make tea with? How would you heat it up since there's no stove? Confused. :confused: