Desperately seeking Toursaver Talkeetna Aero coupons

shmabbies

My Mom is leaving for Alaska on the 8th and I have been unable to obtain an entire used Toursaver book. I'm willing to pay $20 for JUST the Talkeetna Aero coupons good thru September leaving you with the rest of the book to sell (I'd still really prefer the book but I'm desperate for those coupons). I would need them sent ASAP. Yes, this means you have to put the coupons in the mail simultaneously with me putting my check in the mail but heck, I'm trusting you too, and I don't want to let my elderly Mom who is going in a prop plane for the first time in her life down. Can someone help? You can e-mail me at sfalkland-travel@yahoo.com. THANKS!!

I think the coupons have to be attached to the book to be valid but have not used yet. Maybe someone else could say. That is what it says but might depend on which person is actually doing it.

Be careful, because everything I have read from postings about the book is that the coupons cannot be detached. I'm assuming you contacted the vendor for a reservation already since the discounts are limited. Are they cool about the coupon being detached?

You do need the entire book. It is clearly written on the coupons that they are void if detached. Is this tour already booked? I would be sure there is space. If all else fails- new books can be purchased in Anchorage at Carr's.

Thank you all for the warning, I did not know that the coupon could not be detached. You saved me from that error - now I just need a book! Yes, she does have a reservation and I told her (from information gathered on this board) to be sure to inform them that she was using a toursaver coupon, and they were fine with that. The information about Anchorage is helpful except that they are doing the land portion of the cruisetour first so they would not arrive in Anchorage until after the need for the coupon. If anyone else has any information to save me from any more holes, please let me know! My husband and I did Alaska in 1991 on the old Star Princess, in the days when not that many ships went there. I can tell you things are TOTALLY different now - including the fact that we all have computers. Thanks again and I'll check out e-bay but if anyone here still has a book, you've only got a month to sell it before most of the coupons expire, why not sell it to me??

Hi. If you look closely there is another thread right here on Alaska with Toursaver books for sale. Don't get excited about the $10 price on EBAY. I'm almost positive that sale occurred on 9/29/2003 when the coupons expired on 9/30/2003. I'm in the same boat, lol. I'm scheduled for a cruise on 9/3 & have a resv for Misty Fjords seaplane on 9/8. It's using Toursaver, but I don't have a book. Since most people will vacation in Alaska June, July & Aug I'm assuming more books will become available & PRICE WILL GO DOWN as the window closes (old law of suppy & demand). There should be a greater supply & much less demand. Considering you are 8/8 you don't have quite the same latitude. Good luck.

Tell you what, if you get a great deal & it still has Southeast Aviation in it for Ketchikan I'll buy it from you upon return.

Hi! I'm looking for a book also. I just checked ebay and the prices are $50+ now. I am thinking about getting the book and then putting it on ebay minus the ones I plan to use (with the book intact). You can schedule the ebay auction for whenever, so you can have the book sold when you come back from your trip! You might want to look at doing this.

Archived