Cashew nuts

divsec

Now I already know I'm nuts so don't remind me please. Can cashew nuts, roasted and salted to perfection, be found on Seabourn, preferably adjacent to a cold beer or any other beverage?

Many thanks fellow nutters.

Wonderful news, no need to stretch my baggage with a kilo of cashews. Sailing Med so no worries about importation rules.

Makes me wonder if there is a list, probably a short list of delicacies not available on Seabourn, for the Brits Marmite ?

I have seen people bring their own little jars of Marmite with them to breakfast - and also Vegemite for the Aussies -and have not heard of it being provided. Although I love it, not for breakfast, and there are so many good things to have I can live without it for a couple of weeks!

One of the joys of breakfasts on cruises is asking for marmite and seeing how it is served, I think we have seen most examples, including:

Our own pot with our suite number on

A new pot everyday

"decanted" in the kitchen into a small bowl

The best is when they try to serve it to you, from the jar, like mustard, those of us who love marmite know how tricky it is to get out like that and then get off the spoon, all good fun.

Makes me wonder if there is a list, probably a short list of delicacies not available on Seabourn, for the Brits Marmite ?[/QUOTe]

A Seabourn Signature moment. On our very first cruise on Odyssey I took my jar of Marmite (which I ALWAYS take to "furrin" places like mainland Europe and USA) to breakfast. The Asst Maitre d' - Marciano - demanded "what is that?" I started to explain and he said "I know WHAT it is but why have you brought it?" He stormed off into the kitchen and moments later, with a flourish, produced a large jar or Marmite. "Sir," he said, "on Seabourn you only have to ask and it will appear."

Fast forward about a year to our next Seabourn cruise. There on the meet and greet line at the gangplank was Marciano. He remembered us and greeted us as long lost friends. That night in dinner at the MDR I was conscious of there being some rustling and chuckles behind me. I turned round. There was Marciano, flanked by at least half of the MDR staff and the chef with a HUGE silver platter, covered in a bouquet of white napkins folded into flower shapes with - perched atop - a large jar of Marmite. "Welcome back MR xxxx " he said, with a low bow and the Marmite appeared every day at breakfast for the duration!

PS They usually also have HP sauce if you ask for it!