Please advise

chefchick

In anticipation of our 25th Anniversary next year, I am researching Seabourn Med cruises (our favorite destination). I would love to check out Encore and the original voyage I was looking at has been changed, so now I have narrowed it down to a 14 day Rome to Venice in early June. Originally, I was thinking that I wouldn't have to book this far out, but according to the site all categories besides veranda are "call for availability". Is it possible that 10 months out this voyage is almost sold out? Or is this a "call to action" ploy on SB part? I know I could just put a deposit down, but I was kinda hoping to wait until December to see if Encore lives up to the hype. Also, the prices seem kinda high, but again, we are many months out.

If I book now, I know there can be price adjustments, but can I change to a different ship/itinerary or even cancel outright (within the 120 days rule)? We've only ever sailed the triplets so any of the newer ships would be a change, but the Encore does look so shiny in new (in the glossy brochures) 😄

Am I overthinking it? And how many more changes might we see in the Med sailings before next Summer.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

In my humble opinion, yes, you might be overthinking it a bit.

If you find a cruise you want and you are reasonably sure you are going to go, book it. Yes - your deposit is out of your savings account and into someone else's, but interest rates are low enough you are not missing much. In my experience, there is no penalty for cancellations until the 120 day mark, which also means there is no problem with changing a sale date, ship or itinerary (We are in the US - are you? something tells me there might be different rules for those booking from the UK.

Just keep a watch for the pricing for sales just in case they go down.

Relax

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and put a deposit down on this cruise. I sincerely hope Seabourn doesn't feel the need to change this itinerary as it is, to me, the perfect blend of big marque stops and small, out of the way (and new to me) ports.

Having only sailed on the triplets with Seabourn I am also hoping the Encore lives up to the hype and continues the tradition of high touch service, great cuisine and all we have come to love about the line.

I guess I only have 10 months to wait and see. :D