West palm beach airport

brandy1175

I am leaving on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and flight prices are pretty high. I found a flight in and out of west palm beach airport for $200 cheaper per person than Miami or Fll. Is this a good option and would a 12:30 Flight departing Fort Lauderdale be possible? Any advice would be appreciated.

I live in west palm, fly into west pal take an uber to the palm tran tri rail station on tamarind ave take the it will cost you only about $3-4 a pp to ft lauderdale airport tri rail station from there take an uber over to the port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in west palm, fly into west pal take an uber to the palm tran tri rail station on tamarind ave take the it will cost you only about $3-4 a pp to ft lauderdale airport tri rail station from there take an uber over to the port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP is looking at a 12:30 flight (so should be at PBI by 11:00 am) and tri-rail, while cheap, can also take a lot longer especially on the weekends with a reduced schedule. Add the time involved in 2 uber transfers/rides and I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending that alternative.

Edited by capriccio

We did this exact same thing a few years ago. Saved $600 by flying into & out of WPB. We took Tri-rail, on the weekend both times and had no problems! Plenty of racks to hold your luggage and plenty of room to sit down. Tri-rail was around $6 pp I believe, each way. Saved a ton of money by doing this and we would do it again if we needed to.

We had a 12:45pm departure flight out of WPB and made it with no problem. We did get off the ship pretty early, around 8:30am. Gave us plenty of time to get to Tri-rail and then up to WPB (then grab the tri-rail shuttle over to the airport.)

Back in March 2011 I rented a vehicle from MIA for the minimum twenty four hour time period and returned the vehicle a few hours later at PBI (West Palm Beach) for my return flight on United to Newark, New Jersey. The base price for a full size vehicle was approximately seven five dollars. I saved one hundred fifty dollars per ticket by flying home from PBI instead of FLL.It was worth it for me to make the one hour drive to PBI for my late afternoon flight.