Cunard Eastbound transatlantic 8th sept sold out?

bompah

Hello

Tried to book eastbound crossing with QM2 on 8th september.

Is it completly sold out?

Why so popular compared to other dates?

bompah, I tried to check the Sept. 8th Eastbound crossing on the Cunard website and on the webpage for Sept. 8th Eastbound crossing which is voyage #M617 it says that M617 is no longer available on this website meaning the Sept. 8th Eastbound crossing is probably sold out. I am going on both the October 11th Eastbound crossing and the October 18th Westbound crossing. There are still cabins available on the October 11th Eastbound crossing for $699 per person and cabins available for $599 per person on the October 18th Westbound crossing. Why not try for the October 11th Eastbound crossing and or the October 18th Westbound crossing? Regards,Jerry

Edited by Cruise Liner Fan

It's not showing on the UK site so I guess it is full. It's quite close to sailing date so I am not entirely surprised although I don't check TA availability very often.

Eastbound Crossing with Anthony Inglis and The National Symphony Orchestra - 8 nights, Sep 2016

May be the reason its sold out is The National Symphony Orchestra with Anthony Inglis are onboard.

1033748911_ScreenShot2016-08-11at07_26_39.jpg.94a7b4daf5d4ea1735b77ee7226b3954.jpg

Edited by Pennbank

Eastbound Crossing with Anthony Inglis and The National Symphony Orchestra - 8 nights, Sep 2016

May be the reason its sold out is The National Symphony Orchestra with Anthony Inglis are onboard.

Plus, the Westbound on the 1st of September is the 'New York Transatlantic Fashion Crossing' which was almost sold out nine months ago. I had to go on standby for any staterooms above an inside. ( only just managed to get confirmation of the only one remaining Britannia Club cabin a month ago).

I guess many folk decided to book the complete round trip, both of these crossing look very interesting.

This is one of the things that can happen with waiting late to book - the price never comes down and/or the ship sells out. Some hope for a price drop that doesn't happen, others have to make sure they can get the time off from work.

You also posted in other sections that your party is two adults and an 8-month old baby. Cunard requires that children be at least 12 months old to travel on a transatlantic crossing. Even if a stateroom does become available baby will have to stay home with relatives.

• 2 weeks later...

You also posted in other sections that your party is two adults and an 8-month old baby. Cunard requires that children be at least 12 months old to travel on a transatlantic crossing. Even if a stateroom does become available baby will have to stay home with relatives.

I was on a TA a couple of years ago and a couple had their baby with them, the baby looked about six months old.

I was on a TA a couple of years ago and a couple had their baby with them, the baby looked about six months old.

From the Cunard website, the current rules are -

Cunard cannot accept any child under the age of 6 months as a guest. We are unable to accept infants of 12 months or less on any Full World Cruise, Exotic Cruises or Transatlantic Crossings