Flight from MCO later in Day - options to hang out in Port Canaveral?

Cinderellis

I don't see my first post - so apologies if this is a duplicate!

We return from our cruise on the Magic on Sept 10th and have an evening flight (6:30 pm) out of MCO.

While we purchased a hotel/shuttle package through goportcanaveral, I would rather not spend 6+ hours in the airport. The last shuttle to the airport is 11:30 am.

Has anyone hung out near Port Canaveral after the cruise for a short time and taken a private transport to MCO later in the day? Perhaps at a beach bar/club? I know we will have to deal with having our luggage with us, but I would rather have an ocean view for a long lunch than an airport terminal.

I appreciate any suggestion you can offer.

thank you!

Cindy

In January I rented a mini-van for $40 for the day. I had two kids so we went to Kennedy Space Centre, other people in our group rented a van and went shopping at an outlet near the airport. Rental prices change often so you have to troll the websites. I usually book and cancel then rebook everytime I can get a lower price. It was very convienient. They all have shuttles at the port.

Thanks RW20

I'm guessing you just drive to Orlando and drop the rental there? I have looked at some rentals that way, but they are way higher than $40.

I will keep looking though. Thank you for your suggestion!

Transport for how many? :confused: Car rental rates fluctuate - shop around, check COSTCO, and some of the WDW sites offer FLA specific discount codes.

Kennedy Space Center is a great option -- pick up a rental, put your bags in the trunk, and head to MCO in the afternoon.

If you would prefer to let others do the driving check with Executive VIP (private transport), Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx and CorTrans.

Thanks everyone for your input! I was able to change our reservation to park/snooze/cruise and we are renting to/from the airport (thank you Costco for great car rental rates!). The cost is essentially the same and we will have freedom before we leave and after we get back! Thank you all again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app