Grand Beach Hotel Surfside

lucyjlou

We are thinking of staying here before and possibly after our cruise for 1 night each time at the end of January. Anyone stay here? I am thinking of doing the West rooms which are the ones across the street, to save some money one night and maybe staying in the main building one night. THese are by Bal Harbor, anyone stay there or know anything about the area. Hoping to walk to restaurants and store before the cruise.

How far is the Miami airport and cruise port?

I lived in Bay Harbor Islands a number of years ago (adjacent to Surfside and Bal Harbour).

The area is safe and very nice. Bal Harbour Shops are 1-1/2 blocks from your hotel ... very high end stores, such as Fendi, Prada, Panerai, Hublot, etc. etc., and there are a number of restaurants within the mall itself.

Publix Supermarket is around the corner on Harding Avenue, and there are also a number of restaurants around there too.

J & G Grill restaurant at St. Regis hotel has amazing views of the ocean, as well as Bistro at One Bal Harbour Resort (next to the Haulover Beach bridge)

MIA and POM are approximately 30 minutes away; expect a $40-50 taxi ride, or less if you Uber.

Edited by brunello22

We are thinking of staying here before and possibly after our cruise for 1 night each time at the end of January. Anyone stay here? I am thinking of doing the West rooms which are the ones across the street, to save some money one night and maybe staying in the main building one night. THese are by Bal Harbor, anyone stay there or know anything about the area. Hoping to walk to restaurants and store before the cruise.

How far is the Miami airport and cruise port?

I don't know anything about the area but a quick check of google maps says it is about 15 miles/30 minutes to the Port of Miami (that will not be a cheap taxi fare) and a few more miles/minutes from the airport.