Embarkation in Boston

pjlee3333

My mom and I are frequent cruisers, especially on Royal Caribbean, We usually sail out of Baltimore (about 70 times on 4 different lines). This will be our first time in 11 years sailing out of Boston.

We are on the October 9 Serenade of the Seas cruise. My mom has difficulty walking and standing. We'll be getting to Boston Friday to do some sightseeing. What would be the best time to get to the port to maximize time on the ship, minimize standing and walking, and to make getting a wheelchair assist? We are high tier crown and anchor members, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

My mom and I are frequent cruisers, especially on Royal Caribbean, We usually sail out of Baltimore (about 70 times on 4 different lines). This will be our first time in 11 years sailing out of Boston.

We are on the October 9 Serenade of the Seas cruise. My mom has difficulty walking and standing. We'll be getting to Boston Friday to do some sightseeing. What would be the best time to get to the port to maximize time on the ship, minimize standing and walking, and to make getting a wheelchair assist? We are high tier crown and anchor members, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

Earlier is always better. Are you getting a wheelchair for the ship? I'd be worried about your mom being able to get around the ship.

Thank you. She gets around the ship without a problem but we are getting a wheelchair to be safe.

If I could, what time is early for this port? Baltimore starts check in at 9:30, Fort Lauderdale 10. They both had places to sit after check in while waiting to board. In Miami and San Juan they don't seem to start check in until the ship is ready to board between 10:30 and 11.

Thank you. She gets around the ship without a problem but we are getting a wheelchair to be safe.

If I could, what time is early for this port? Baltimore starts check in at 9:30, Fort Lauderdale 10. They both had places to sit after check in while waiting to board. In Miami and San Juan they don't seem to start check in until the ship is ready to board between 10:30 and 11.

Someone else is going to have to answer that question. Despite living near Boston, I have only disembarked in Boston and done Boston as a port stop for the day on a TA. Someday I hope to actually sail from Boston, but other more exotic itineraries keep that option towards the bottom of the "wish list".

Check with the cruise line about what time they start boarding I went out of Boston this summer on NCL Dawn longest line was getting through the initial mass port police checking passports once upstairs we had a person in a wheelchair in line next to us and they took her and her party right through the metal detector right to the check in maybe 10 minutes total once up stairs and then right onto the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd post an update in case it helps anyone else.

My mom and I arrived about 9:30. Luggage was being collected for the new cruise. People who could use the escalator were free to go up and, I assume, check in. Given my mom and I needed to use the elevator we waited until about 10:15. They didn't have anyone to check passports for people using the elevator until that time. We went upstairs, checked in. Since pictures were taken upon boarding and not at check in my mom was seated while I did the check in procedures. We boarded with wheelchair assist about 10:45. Wheelchair took her to the outside enclosed portion of the windjammer. We enjoyed the location enough that we stayed there when the windjammer opened at 11:15.

Departure we met port side of deck 5. Procedure was smooth and wheelchair took her out to the taxi.

Great trip with georgous weather.