Kudos to RCCL Choice Air

PRH

AA cancelled the middle leg of our flight to Madrid and then routed us from Portland, Maine to DC and then through Miami to get to Madrid; thereby adding four hours to our total travel time and on an inferior plane (we have business class for lay flat but the Miami flight has the old 2x3x2 configuration with no lay flat). In addition this change got us into Madrid two hours later. When we went back to Choice Air to request a specific change of routing, AA denied our request because our requested flights gave us a 4 hour layover in Philadelphia.

I spoke to Veronica with the Exception Team, Choice Air, after we were denied and we talked about why we found the AA changes unacceptable, we then found a flight arrangement that eliminated any middle legs, shortened our total travel time getting us into Madrid at the same time previous and on an Airbus with lay flat seats. She took all our concerns and the new route and went back to AA. Result: we got the flights we requested and are very happy. So often we don't say something when employees go the extra mile.

• 5 weeks later...

Choice air was fantastic for me as well. Haven't had to change flights but they were $1300 cheaper per person for our roundtrip business class airfare this upcoming fall. I'm very pleased with my choice to use them.