May 23

imcpa

I am booked for the May 23 10-night cruise:

1. Since Jean-Michel Cousteau is on this cruise, does anyone somehow know or is there a way to find out how many young kids will be on this cruise?

2. Given the itinerary below, does anyone know which day or night(s) will be the worst rocking/rough seas? How will the day at sea be?

Day 1 Embark in Papeete (Society Islands)

Day 2 Huahine, Society Islands

Day 3 Bora Bora

Day 4 Bora Bora

Day 5 Rangiroa

Day 6 Fakarava, Tuamotus

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Taha'a (Motu Mahana), Society Islands

Day 9 Moorea, Society Islands

Day 10 Moorea/Papeete, Tahiti

Day 11 Papeete

Thanks.

Hi imcpa:

We are also going on May 23rd. Be sure to sign up on the roll call sheet so we all can meet on the ship.

I haven't been on PG before, but from previous sailing experiences I would assume that the roughest days will be when we are on the open sea. That should be the days we go from Bora Bora to Rangiroa and the "at sea" day. Most of the other sailings are short hops, so it might be rough for short periods of time. I requested a seasickness patch from my doctor as insurance for our at sea day even though I'm a good sailor. Best be prepared, just in case it gets rough. Perhaps someone who has been on this itinerary can answer your question better.

As for how many children will be present, the cruise is before many schools finish their year, so there should be less than in the summer months. Can you call PG and ask?

i hope this helps. See you aboard!

• 4 weeks later...

Last year the roughest day was at sea. May can be a windy time so be prepared in any event.

If you dont like meds ask room service or your waiter to bring you a bowl of crystallized ginger that will help you if the ship tosses.

I have called before other trips (waiting a few weeks after final payments are due, the travel company should then have a handle on the demographics) I know for an upcoming tour to Ecuador and the Galapagos they were able to tell my TA how many of each age group would be traveling, ( ie 3- 14 yo, 4- 12 yo etc) so my teens know that while they would be the oldest on the trip, they also know that many are only a year or two younger.

You could try calling PG! But they may not be able to give the info for security purposes.

BTW- for Cville_-your roll call is posted under Roll Calls; PG, then look for your dates...its here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1466073

Archived