Denali & Alyeska Explorer Cruise Tour

biojeep

I would like to know if anyone can me a review or input on the NCL Denali & Alyeska cruisetour. I have not been able to find much info other than what is available on the NCL site. Thanks.

If you aren't familiar with Cruise Critic they have a whole section for "Ports of Call" where people share the type of info you are looking for.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I did this cruise tour with my family of four this past August on Sun. I posted a review with some details about the cruisetour here on the NCL board. I will try to post a link if I can figure out how. Otherwise maybe search by my user name.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908945

Does this link work to take you to my 8/12 Sun cruisetour review??? If it does work be sure to read through the entire thread not just my first post. Others asked specific cruise tour questions which I tried to answer in the rest of the thread.

Edited by JessLCH

• 5 weeks later...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1908945

Does this link work to take you to my 8/12 Sun cruisetour review??? If it does work be sure to read through the entire thread not just my first post. Others asked specific cruise tour questions which I tried to answer in the rest of the thread.

Hi, what was included in the land tour portion of your Cruisetour? Does the price include meals?

Thinking about a cruisetour 2015, can't do a dummy booking for 2014 or 2015 on NCL. (Once again, I don't like the booking on the new website). Called yesterday and got a price for 2014 and it appears the price for the land tour portion is more than twice the price of the cruise portion.

12 day cruise tour $4408.00 cruise by it's self about $1700.00. Seems like a lot of money for the little they describe on the web.

We combined the Sun's northbound itinerary with 5 days on our own and had our own "cruise tour". We stayed in great B&Bs, ate some great meals, saw Denali on our own schedule and did it for much less than the cruise tour. If you're interested, I'll provide the details.

A member of our roll call (user name = "JohnBook") did the NCL cruise tour and was very satisfied with the experience. He posted a lot of the details on the last page or so of our roll call. To find his posts, go to page 31 of the roll call thread for the May 20, 2013 Norwegian Sun. Hope this helps.

We combined the Sun's northbound itinerary with 5 days on our own and had our own "cruise tour". We stayed in great B&Bs, ate some great meals, saw Denali on our own schedule and did it for much less than the cruise tour. If you're interested, I'll provide the details.

A member of our roll call (user name = "JohnBook") did the NCL cruise tour and was very satisfied with the experience. He posted a lot of the details on the last page or so of our roll call. To find his posts, go to page 31 of the roll call thread for the May 20, 2013 Norwegian Sun. Hope this helps.

Thanks, always interested. :) I will check our your roll call.

12 day cruise tour $4408.00 cruise by it's self about $1700.00. Seems like a lot of money for the little they describe on the web.

That doesn't sound right. We're booked for the 13 day cruise tour coming up in August, and the price per person was ~$1250 over the cruise.

That doesn't sound right. We're booked for the 13 day cruise tour coming up in August, and the price per person was ~$1250 over the cruise.

Thanks, I'll keep checking prices. However the price I was given was about 1350. pp over the price of the cruise.

After your trip, please come back and let us all know how it went. Hope you have a wonderful time. :D