Has Anyone Used "Resorts for a Day" for a Day Pass?

dongordon

I am interested in doing a day pass in Puerto Rico on my Gem cruise in January.

Has anyone used "Resorts for a Day" to book a day pass and if so, what is your opinion?

I have not used a "Resorts for a Day," but on two islands we booked a day pass through separate hotels. I thought I would respond to your question just to give you a heads-up on a couple of questions you might want to ask. We were all set with one hotel (a Marriott), but when we got there we were told that there were not more tables with chairs and umbrellas left so we couldn't stay for the day. (One person felt bad for us and said if we could find an odd chair that didn't have an umbrella, we could use it. but the sun was too hot that day to not have any shade at all for the day). Even though I had reserved the day pass well in advance, we were told only after we arrived that it was first-come first serve and that in January, the tables and chairs with umbrellas are usually taken early in the morning. On the second island we booked a day pass with a Hilton Hotel. I don't know if they had more chairs and tables with umbrellas to accommodate their guests or not, but there were tables, chairs, and umbrellas left so we were able to get one. We also had a nice lunch at their outdoor café. The only "downside" was that in January, apparently, the waves can be high so on that day people could only go into the water up to their ankles. I guess I would wonder if the hotels are more responsive to people who book directly through the hotel or with a "Resorts for the Day" day pass. Maybe someone else will have an answer for that. I would guess, after our experience, each resort must be different as far as having access to the beach. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have used Resort For A Day twice. Once to book a place in Jamaica and another time in Nassau. I had no problems with them and would use them again. In fact I just tried to book another one with them but it was sold out!

Lisa

Thanks so much Lisa...

I will book with them both in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas! :)

Don