AA quit changing my seat selection!!!!

lahlah57

I didn't book with my cruiseline cause they were way too expensive for our domestic flight to meet our ship.

I booked myself for simple coach seats but they are always trying to change our aisle seats across from one another to less desirable seats. Our flight is not until the end of November but now I check once a week and go back to aisle seats. So if you scheduled and did your own seat reservation check it frequently cause they really do think they are slick with these practices hoping you won't check........SHEESH!!!:mad:

I didn't book with my cruiseline cause they were way too expensive for our domestic flight to meet our ship.

I booked myself for simple coach seats but they are always trying to change our aisle seats across from one another to less desirable seats. Our flight is not until the end of November but now I check once a week and go back to aisle seats. So if you scheduled and did your own seat reservation check it frequently cause they really do think they are slick with these practices hoping you won't check........SHEESH!!!:mad:

Are they changing your seats due to any change with the scheduled flight like...time or change of aircraft:confused:

I have flights and seats (first/business) booked with AA for next May from LAX-SJU and check them often...so far so good.

Booking directly yourself, or using cruise air has nothing to do with your seat assignment changing. AA, to my knowledge, won't read your complaint here.

Am guessing your seat assignment is not due to some nefarious shenanigans on the part of AA, but due to an equipment change.

No seats are ever guaranteed. Just keep checking them.

Am always paranoid of big business since the top dollar is their only interest and no changes in regards to aircraft since I booked flight back in june. Will continue to stay on top of it though and check once a week so as to keep my selections.

What row are you seats and what is the aircraft? Do you have status or did you pay for the MCE seats? If neither perhaps AA is moving you to a non MCE seat, but then I am not really sure why AA would allow you to move.

I am allowed to book MCE seats and occasionally I am moved, but it is due to an equipment change.

Am always paranoid of big business since the top dollar is their only interest and no changes in regards to aircraft since I booked flight back in june. Will continue to stay on top of it though and check once a week so as to keep my selections.
If your flight is in November, and these are just coach seats, it is for sure not "top dollar" that is moving you. First/business seat -- maybe you can make a case, but this far out, you are being paranoid.

For some reason, seat assignments are being redone. Likely is an equipment sway, could be a flight number change or flight time change. They are not out to get you.

And, FWIW, that's just a part of travel life. Get used to it....it happens to everyone. Even "top dollar".

What's worse is when they change your flight times to one that doesn't get you to the port in time; and then, when you call them to get it changed to another time that works you have to wait forever on the phone to speak to a human to get it changed to a flight that works!

This coming week is likely to be chaotic at American Airlines as US Airways ceases to exist on Oct. 17. The reservations systems are still glitchy when it comes to booking one "legacy" route using the other airline's portal; hopefully this will end next weekend. AA is starting to redeploy the two fleets across the combined route system, so there are probably going to be equipment changes (hence seat reassignments) here and there for a little while to come, so just monitor things with some vigilance.

What's worse is when they change your flight times to one that doesn't get you to the port in time; and then, when you call them to get it changed to another time that works you have to wait forever on the phone to speak to a human to get it changed to a flight that works!

I should be grateful so as to not deal with this issue.:o

And this is not all attributed to US Air.

Has happened for years.

Also on other carriers with Delta coming to mind.

Oh well.

Flying is still better than the alternative.

Keith

A covered wagon pulled by a couple of emaciated steers comes to mind.

This happened to me a while back when I was booked by American but flying US Air metal. There were no equipment or flight changes but our seats kept changing. I finally called US Air and they changed the seats back to their original positions and I never had another problem. They blamed it on some sort of American/US Air merger computer glitch. Not sure why my changes using their website wouldn't work but there's did.

Keep an eye on what type of plane you are scheduled to fly on. That could be the source of the change. If they are going form a 757 to a 767 to 737 to a A320 to and A321 to a 777 then YES your seat assignment will change. ALWAYS pay attention to what type of plane you are supposed to be flying on.

Even if you have the same "type" of plane, you may run into this issue. Delta has, IIRC, 8 different versions of 757s. You may go from 757 to 757, but if they have swapped to a different version, you get the seat assignment shuffle. So, flight number same, times, same, equipment...appears same but has changed versions. And the seats move.

Ditto carriers with 737s...could be anything from a 400 to a 900 getting changed.

I just experienced the merger, booked on AA then I was rescheduled to US then ended up flying US with change in CLT to AA and found out to late my first flight was going on to EWR which I would have taken over waiting 3 hours for JFK but no joy on changing

When checking bags at FLL went to AA and was "informed" that I had to go over to US bag check even though I was at the first position of AA next to the last position of US.

Can't wait until this all settles down.