Tres Palmas Inn/Acacia Hotel

bettyboop16

Looking for info on these hotels for 1 night. Are they in good condition & near restaurants?

Thanks, :)

We stayed at Tres Palmas last November... Condition...I would probably give a 7.5 to 8. Not perfect but ok. Near restaurants... No. It's probably a 15 minute walk at a steady pace to different restaurants. That was more of a walk than we expected. It's really a 15-20 minute walk to anything....bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

Will be back in San Juan in March 2016(3rd time). Won't repeat Tres Palmas....highly recommend Sheraton Old San Juan.

We stayed at Tres Palmas last November... Condition...I would probably give a 7.5 to 8. Not perfect but ok. Near restaurants... No. It's probably a 15 minute walk at a steady pace to different restaurants. That was more of a walk than we expected. It's really a 15-20 minute walk to anything....bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

Will be back in San Juan in March 2016(3rd time). Won't repeat Tres Palmas....highly recommend Sheraton Old San Juan.

With your statement "highly recommend", have you stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan?

The Sheraton Old San Juan is that the hotel across from the pier?

We will be on the Adventure of the Sea (RCI), can we walk to the pier from the hotel?

Edited by phabric

With your statement "highly recommend", have you stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan?

The Sheraton Old San Juan is that the hotel across from the pier?

We will be on the Adventure of the Sea (RCI), can we walk to the pier from the hotel?

Yeah I've stayed there twice. FANTASTIC location. It IS across from A pier(Carnival) but not the one Celebrity/Royal Caribbean use. It's just across the bay from the Pan American pier. At most a 10 minute cab ride.

To give you a better idea, here is the view of the Royal Caribbean/Celebrity Pan American FROM our hotel balcony:

IMG_17241.JPG

That's the Celebrity Summit and the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas....

Tres Palmas Inn is a quaint small hotel in front of an almost private beach. It have many open spaces where you can relax and meet fellow cruise ship travelers. They include breakfast within the price of the room which is served every morning in an open terrace overlooking the ocean. They provide you with beach chairs, beach towels, free Internet and bicycles rental free of charge. Also they have a water sports center were you can rent kayaks, paddle boards and other water toys. Tres Palmas Inn is not a Hotel Chain like Sheraton so don't expect tall buildings, enclosed spaces and long hallways, it is as local as you can get place full of wonderful people that are eager to help you with anything from ordering delivery to renting a car.

50234094.jpgseaside_breakfast.jpggrounds--v7313545-1152.jpgtres-palmas-inn.jpg

There are plenty of local restaurants around (no tourist traps there) full of local people at affordable prices. Depend on your budget they have different rooms, I think they are all different so check their virtual tour in their website before you reserve. I have stayed in room 9 and 6 and they are very comfortable and spacious. Bon Voyage!

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at Sheraton OSJ earlier this week for two nights after cruising on Jewel OTS. The only "four star" part of the hotel is the location. If you can walk at all, you can walk to EVERYTHING in the old city. The staff was courteous and efficient. However, our room smelled very musty and I saw mold in my bedding. The shower went from freezing to scalding with no warning, and the air conditioning seemed to be of the same temperament, making it hard to maintain a comfortable room temperature. The beds are definitely on the firm side, and are showing their age with just a thin pad and no pillow top. The pool deck has a nice view but the pool itself is a joke, being not much larger than two dining room tables. This list of complaints sounds like I hated it, but I really didn't. It just wasn't close to being a four star hotel, much less a resort charging a daily fee. 2.5 to 3 stars is more realistic.