Native Way Snorkel tour-enough time?

gamblinmon

Hi there is a tour 11:15-2:45 and our time in port is 9 am to 4 pm.

does anyone have experience with this tour company and do you think we have enough time to be back onboard? Thanks in advance

When is your cruise and what ship are you on?

Next week and we're on the Divina-thanks for your help

We were just in Grand Cayman on April 14th aboard Freedom of the Seas. Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time and our ship stayed on Florida time and did not change to local time, so our port time (8:00-4:00 ship time) was 7:00-3:00 local time and the last tender back to our ship was at 3:15 ship time or 2:15 local time. We were able to book a morning stingray and snorkel tour with Stingray Sailing that fit with our port time and the tour operator was able to answer my questions about daylight savings time, and whether Freedom stayed on Florida time or changed to local time.

Do you know if the Divina changes ship time to match local time? If they don't change to local time, then you definitely won't have enough time to get back to the ship in time. Even if the ship does change to local time, I think that you might be cutting it too close for comfort (for me anyway), if there are any traffic delays getting from the marina back to the cruise terminal.

Have you already booked your tour with Native Way tours? They can probably answer your question about getting back to the ship in time. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by marys350

Hi there is a tour 11:15-2:45 and our time in port is 9 am to 4 pm.

does anyone have experience with this tour company and do you think we have enough time to be back onboard? Thanks in advance

Sharon from Native Way will not book you if the times will not work for your cruise.

Yes, I have used Native Way and did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour and I think our port hours were 7am-4pm. They are fantastic and will get you back to the ship in time. Their tour is great too! If she says you can make it I definitely recommend the RRR tour. (5 hours - Stingrays, Snorkel, Beach time, and lunch included too)

If you are on Divina then you will one of only 2 ships in Grand Cayman that day (other is Disney Fantasy 10:30am - 5:30pm) and tours generally go around the ship schedules so you look good there.

Divina sails out of Miami and is on EDT (UTC-4 hours). Grand Cayman does not observe daylight savings time and they are currently (UTC-5 hours) or an hour earlier than Miami. So if your ship doesn't change the clocks then you would be there from 8am-3pm. If they do change the clock back 1 hour to match Grand Cayman's time then it will remain 9am-4pm local time. Either way with 7 hours in port I think you are going to be good but check with Sharon. :)

We used Native Way last month, and I agree, Sharon won't book you if you won't make it back. They were great. We were on the Getaway and ship time changed to local time for Cayman, but we did the morning excursion ,so it wasn't an issue.

• 1 month later...

We went on the Nativeways Stringray, Snorkel, and Starfish tour last week. It was supposed to be from 11:30 - 2:45. We didn't get back to the ship until after 4pm which wasn't a big deal for us because the last tender was at 5:30, but it did last longer than what we were told. Half of the people on the boat were on the Rum point tour, so we dropped them off at the beach before going to Starfish Point. Maybe that is why it took longer. We also dealt with torrential downpour during the snorkeling portion of our tour, so that may have played a factor also. Besides a little disorganization with getting everyone on a bus and then on a boat (we had to switch boats because we were told to get on the wrong one), we were very happy with the tour and would use them again.

editorial note

the tour companies deal with the time issue every day (and have the schedule of the arrival and departure of EVERY ship)

you deal with it ONCE .... (and are confused) {lord knows I've tried to explain it enough times}

the tour company KNOWS that failing to get you back on time will result in BAD advertising

do you see any reports here of this company failing to get people back on time? Don't you suspect if that happened SOMEONE would rant about it here .....

IMO .... do the math

NOT INTENDED as a slam ... rather to ease your nerves ... they WILL get you to the church on time.

Edited by Capt_BJ