RSSC Navigator Facelift

Zqueeze1

Unlike my aunt Anna's, I expect the Navigator's recent facelift to make her look brand new. She should be in Barcelona right now picking up pax for her first cruise since her refit in Marseilles. So, if you are boarding today, PLEASE take the time during your cruise to post some pics so we can all see her new look. I would sincerely appreciate it.

V/R

Z and TB

Here's a link to some photos of the new and improved Navigator!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154005389740520&set=pcb.10154005398375520&type=3&theater

Hey Dan,

Perhaps the poster isn't set for "public viewing"?

I get this message when clicking the link:

Sorry, this content isn't available right now

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

Hey Dan,

Perhaps the poster isn't set for "public viewing"?

I get this message when clicking the link:

The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center

me too

The removal of the cabinets above the desk is a problem - what happened to the much needed and appreciated storage space?

We were looking at the Northern Passage cruise - however, 33 days on the Navigator without storage for our "stuff" is a game changing. I have mentioned it before, we like to keep our room neat without clutter and the way the room is set up now, that looks like an impossible feat. Previously we found the storage to be limited, now it is unacceptable.

I'm not sure who thought this would be a good idea, but obviously someone who has not cruised for more than 10 days at a time.

gnomie :)

Thanks, Host Dan. Good of you to post.

I strongly agree with Gnomie about storage space above the desk (and we don't even do long cruises).

Question: The bed width looks more narrow than on the other two ships. Has Navigator always been that way? Or perhaps it's an optical illusion?

Happy sails to all.

Host Dan: Thanks so much for the link!

Thanks, Host Dan. Good of you to post.

I strongly agree with Gnomie about storage space above the desk (and we don't even do long cruises).

Question: The bed width looks more narrow than on the other two ships. Has Navigator always been that way? Or perhaps it's an optical illusion?

Happy sails to all.

We were onboard the NAV last month on a Carib cruise and the bed was a roomy king sized model.

Z and TB

Thanks for posting the link, Host Dan. (Great new hot photo, by the way.)

That new desk in the living area and the wall above it look quite drab, not to mention the unfortunate loss of the storage space in those lovely wood cabinets. Once again, the Miami design aesthetic of form over function strikes; but this time even the form is not too attractive.

Thanks Dan. I will need to be patient and wait for someone onboard to post some photos. Jean.

Earlier today I tried the link and it did not work, however later on it did work and I am not a member of Facebook - just tried again and it worked for me!

gnomie :)

Yikes. Just looked at Franck Galzy's pictures of Navigator after dry dock. We are signed up for World Cruise in 2017. Where are we going to put everything ? And my hubby likes to stretch out on coach. No chair for me? Desk chair probably not too comfortable for longer periods. He always used drawers in room and me in closet. Now where is his stuff going to go. Sorry but this is a huge problem for longer cruises. Whoever designed this obviously had never spent extended time on the ship. Del Rio - you goofed!! Might have to reconsider spending 128 days in a suite that might be shiny new but lacks basic comfort and storage.

I get the same error message on both links.

On the timeline at Regent's facebook page there is a teaser pic of the Navigator in drydock but no interior shots. Dan, did you find the pics on their timeline page or somewhere else? If so, where?

A few minutes later... I found Franck Galzy's facebook page but no photos from after the refurb, just photos of the work being done. I wonder if he took them down?

Edited by jeb_bud