Cost of Laundry or Laundry Package

Cruisedreamer1

We purchased the laundry package the day before our cruise started (which I think cost around $160ish for 10 nights) and it was SOOO worth it!

We sent out a minimum of 12 items each night (I did add up individual items and we saved money by getting the package). We were going to the gym most days so we had all those clothes as well as what we wore each day.

Everything was returned pressed and on hangers (I had to laugh when DH's soccer shirts he wore to the gym would come back all nicely hung up) and we never had any problems with items going missing. I had a few nice tops that I was a bit worried about washing (some had beads on them etc) and they were very well looked after.

:)

I'm the one who had the items go missing in the laundry, which the PG apparently agrees with as they sent me an e-mail over a month ago telling me they were sending a check to reimburse me for the missing items. The check hasn't shown yet, and at this point I'm not holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Bottom line, beware of photo copied laundry slips without a duplicate from your cabin attendant as a laundry form, and check as soon as things come back and don't accept the order if everything isn't there. I'd also caution sending out anything you would be very upset to never see again or that would leave you short clothing on the cruise.

That said, the items we did get back came back well cared for, except they seem to like to iron pants "sideways" with the crease on the seams instead of down the front and back.

Edited by ducklite

Okay, here's what the website says:

Costs vary according to whether guests want a pressing only, laundry and pressing, or dry cleaning and pressing. For gentlemen, prices range as follows:

• Pressing: from $2 for a T-shirt to $8 for a 3-piece tuxedo

• Laundry and pressing: from $2 for a swimsuit to $9 for a 2-piece suit

• Dry cleaning and pressing: from $3 for an undershirt to $14 for a 3-piece tuxedo

For ladies, prices range as follows:

• Pressing: from $2 for a T-shirt to $8 for a suit

• Laundry and pressing: from $2 for a swimsuit or stockings/pantyhose to $11 for a 3-piece suit

• Dry cleaning and pressing: from $2.50 for socks to $14.50 for a suit or evening dress

Not a lot of info--so a man's shirt might be $5 or so?

This is the full list as of May, 2014. (And what I was referring to in my previous post about not accepting a photocopy with no duplicate from your cabin steward.)

pglaundry_zps45f955d1.jpeg

Edited by ducklite

That's great, sound like we can get a few articles done as we need them. I like to do my own underthings and t-shirts anyways, the latter because I don't like them dried. So I doubt if the package would be a good value for us.

I am going to try to pack with just two rollaboards plus a small carryon, since we'll be flying to Moorea on a small plane with stringent weight restrictions.

One thing I'd advise squeezing in is a small bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release. I bought a 2.5 ounce refillable spray bottle (that doesn't leak!) from a local beauty supply store and refill with the Wrinkle Release as needed. Very lightweight and takes no space.

Thanks for the wrinkle release recipe and for the laundry pricing list. I tend to run out of shorts and tops so maybe I will just send them out.

However...

Anyone want to share a package? I'm on deck 4. I would be willing to purchase the package and anyone sharing could pay once on board.

We are on the repeaters cruise September 10th.

Thanks for the wrinkle release recipe and for the laundry pricing list. I tend to run out of shorts and tops so maybe I will just send them out.

However...

Anyone want to share a package? I'm on deck 4. I would be willing to purchase the package and anyone sharing could pay once on board.

We are on the repeaters cruise September 10th.

Given their difficulty in returning clothing, I wouldn't run that risk. It's not worth saving a few bucks to risk losing hundreds in clothing with no recourse. My opinion.

Edited by ducklite

For anyone considering the laundry pkg.... when we cruised Jan. 2013 there was no problem sending out a bag of " Cold Water, Hang to Dry, No Iron ". I had certain items that wanted washed and handled delicately and everything came back perfectly.

Given their difficulty in returning clothing, I wouldn't run that risk. It's not worth saving a few bucks to risk losing hundreds in clothing with no recourse. My opinion.

Hundreds in clothing? Oh, so that explained the PG clothing stalls held at each port! They tried to be discrete about it but I saw them.

I didnt take the package the last time and I was happy - we get the four items free and then send out what we need to. I need to check in luggage because of chocolates I take for the crew so throwing in a few extra clothes isnt a problem. Sometimes we need pressing more than cleaning.

I have never lost a thing on the PG. DD's expensive camera and lenses, ipods, money, even a complete strand of pearls I bought from Tahia on board the ship at a substantial cost. So I have faith in the PG staff most of whom we love dearly. But now I know (from Adidas) that there is a discreet PG clothing sale I may pick up some things. Oh darn they will all be in size small and wont fit!

I can't imagine having hundreds of dollars worth of clothing with me, let alone sending it to the laundry, especially in FP. Don't want to lose my favourites, of course, but they are worth nothing, really.

Pants ($158), shorts ($49), and shirt ($25). Even though it's not the full replacement cost, I'm satisfied with the amount they are reimbursing me. Unfortunately I've been looking and can't find a similar pair of slacks. I've already replaced the shirt and shorts.

PG saw my post yesterday and reached out. There is a check in the mail, although it hasn't arrived yet.

Even if everything was bought at Walmart, I'm guessing the average person has $500 worth of clothes with them. Start to add it up and you'll see.

Edited by ducklite

You won't have all your clothing at one time in your laundry bag.

True, but if you travel light as we do, losing a few items can really make a mess of your wardrobe. I only had three pair of shorts with me--only two of which were quick dry board shorts, so it was a PITA to deal with. Also only had two pair of slacks with mix and match tops for dinner, fortunately had a couple of dresses (one of which was more of a long cover up that I ended up having to wear for dinner) so was able to make due. Other wise it would have been a real issue.

Not having your clothes with you can be a pain. This often happens when people dont get their luggage on time or have their luggage lost in transit. With all the travel we do we have been very lucky so far. However I always carry one of each and then some in my carry on to alleviate severe difficulty. In FP I could always stock up on some Mumus. Maybe Anna or the mamas who come on board will give me tips on where I could get them! But this could be a terrible problem if I was in Japan or other asian countries where their XL size is very small.