What to do with Kids in NOLA??

sbpat

We will be arriving in NOLA this Saturday around dinner time and wondered where to take our children not only for dinner, but to sightsee yet avoid "things" they shouldn't see:eek: . We also will have a little time Sunday before we board the ship and would like to spend it doing something fun. Someone suggested eating breakfast at Mother's Restaurant. Anyone know if it's close to the convention ceter??? Thanks

we play tourist alot in our city. My son has been going to the quarter for getaway weekends since he was 8. We just stay off bourbon street after 8p.m.

There are alot of things to do for kids.

Ripley's believe it or not museum

Aquarium and IMAX (Great movie playing right now about katrina and the wetlands

Great Zoo

Zoo cruise between the zoo and aquarium.

Horse and buggy ride. Last time we did this the driver had the kids sit up front with them. My son still talks about this.

Louisiana Children's Museum.

There is also a Wax Museum but it is dark and scary so it depends on the kid.

As for restaurants most have kids meals but my son likes Hard Rock Cafe and Felix's (seafood). Also Mesparo's is good for kids. THe Riverwalk and Canal Place also have food courts.

Hi,

I also highly recommend the Children´s Museum. The Aquarium and Zoo are great too. The John James Audubon riverboat is offering a combo ticket for the boat ride and the zoo. Also highly recommended is a harbor cruise on the (real) paddlewheel steamboat Natchez (for the zoo cruise and the Natchez see www.steamboatnatchez.com).

My daughter also loved the playground and the little theme park in the City Park but I don´t know if that´s back working.

steamboats

• 3 weeks later...
We will be arriving in NOLA this Saturday around dinner time and wondered where to take our children not only for dinner, but to sightsee yet avoid "things" they shouldn't see:eek: . We also will have a little time Sunday before we board the ship and would like to spend it doing something fun. Someone suggested eating breakfast at Mother's Restaurant. Anyone know if it's close to the convention ceter??? Thanks

New Orleans is pretty kid friendly - except as someone else has said on Bourbon Street. Dinner really depends on what kind of food you want and how much you want to pay. Never been to Mother's for breakfast, but it's not my favorite. I'd probably recommend a Jazz breakfast.

Since you'll be getting in around dinner time many of the museums, etc. will be closed - but you can still walk around the Quarter - go to Cafe Du Monde for beignets - take a carriage ride.

Sunday morning many of the museums would be open. You may want to check out http://www.neworleansmuseums.com/familymuseums/index.html for different ideas. I think my kids favorite museums are the Presbytere or Mardi Gras World because they LOVE Mardi Gras.

Archived