Bruges, Belgium. A walking tour in pdf format

• 6 months later...
Check post 69 in this thread - www dot br*ntj*s dot com (* = e)

I am trying to get information for walking tour of Amsterdam and Rotterdam. I used Lair Bear's walking tour in the past, but now when I go to that link, the link is no longer valid. Anyone knows a new link for walking tour of Amsterdam and Rotterdam?

This is what I used before and now no longer available.

www dot br*ntj*s dot com (* = e)

and I also tried (as suggested) this:

brent jes dot com

put a period instead of dot & take out spaces

and that link also is no longer available.

Thank you.

I am trying to get information for walking tour of Amsterdam and Rotterdam. I used Lair Bear's walking tour in the past, but now when I go to that link, the link is no longer valid. Anyone knows a new link for walking tour of Amsterdam and Rotterdam?

brent jes dot com

Thank you.

Have you tried gpsmycity they have loads including Amsterdam & Rotterdam.

http://www.gpsmycity.com/gps-tour-guides/index.html

brent jes dot com

Thank you.

I also have attempted to look on-line for Lair Bear's personal travel blog and apparently, it isn't available any longer.

Lair Bear was a tremendously helpful contributor to CC, but he hasn't posted for a long time. Such a nice man!

We used his walking tour for Tallinn.

I also have attempted to look on-line for Lair Bear's personal travel blog and apparently, it isn't available any longer.

Lair Bear was a tremendously helpful contributor to CC, but he hasn't posted for a long time. Such a nice man!

We used his walking tour for Tallinn.

Indeed I informed me he switched to a new computer with a different system, so he would have had a lot of extra work to reinstore all that info he published in all those years. He unfortunately decided to stop his blogs.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I downloaded and printed liar bears tour many months ago thinking it may be a problem when I needed it. I had to be a detective to find it. But in the mean time I found another cruise critic member. Toms port guides spaces to not get deleted. Just goggle it and his port guides come up. I think they have just as much information. Does anyone have any suggestions to get to the starting point of the train station. I think we are going to take a taxi. This Toms guides suggests that you call for a taxi ahead. the link is provided in the guide. My husband does not think its necessary and says anyone can just say that they have the name of the reserved taxi. I am not sure what to do maybe they give her a secret code. We are 5 people would anyone like to share ride expenses to get to starting point of walking tour.

Thanks,

Hello everyone,

I downloaded and printed liar bears tour many months ago thinking it may be a problem when I needed it. I had to be a detective to find it. But in the mean time I found another cruise critic member. Toms port guides spaces to not get deleted. Just goggle it and his port guides come up. I think they have just as much information. Does anyone have any suggestions to get to the starting point of the train station. I think we are going to take a taxi. This Toms guides suggests that you call for a taxi ahead. the link is provided in the guide. My husband does not think its necessary and says anyone can just say that they have the name of the reserved taxi. I am not sure what to do maybe they give her a secret code. We are 5 people would anyone like to share ride expenses to get to starting point of walking tour.

Thanks,

If you are taking a taxi from near the port to the train you might find a shuttle from your ship goes to the train station or there may be taxis by the port gates

Some people walked

If you are going to take the train to Bruges then do pre book a taxi if you can, it is about 20 -30 min into Bruges by taxi

The walking tour from liar bear starts at the train station and then it goes to minnewater, Vineyard Square, the begijhof, The lace shops of wigngaardstraat, old brewery straffe hendrick. This is just a bit of the itinerary and it loops around back to the train station it says it's a leisurely walk so is this really doable or is the distance actually farther then suggested? Thought I had this altogether but maybe it is going to be harder than it looks. Any suggestions?

The walking tour from liar bear starts at the train station and then it goes to minnewater, Vineyard Square, the begijhof, The lace shops of wigngaardstraat, old brewery straffe hendrick. This is just a bit of the itinerary and it loops around back to the train station it says it's a leisurely walk so is this really doable or is the distance actually farther then suggested? Thought I had this altogether but maybe it is going to be harder than it looks. Any suggestions?

I am guessing the train station mentioned is the in Bruges

I seem to recall lair bear giving directions on walking from the port in Zeebrugge to Blankenberge train station

This might help

http://shorebee.com/en/belgium/bruges/from-zeebrugge-to-bruges/train

On this map it shows the location of the train station once you get to Bruges

http://www.use-it.travel/cities/map/2013_bruges/?zoom

I am guessing the train station mentioned is the in Bruges

I seem to recall lair bear giving directions on walking from the port in Zeebrugge to Blankenberge train station

This might help

http://shorebee.com/en/belgium/bruges/from-zeebrugge-to-bruges/train

On this map it shows the location of the train station once you get to Bruges

http://www.use-it.travel/cities/map/2013_bruges/?zoom

Yes it is the Bruges train station. The beginging sentence in the walking tour says " we have chosen the main train station in Bruges as the start of this walk". I guess I thought Zeebrugge and Bruges where the same thing. Are there two train stations? I think this map will help thanks so much. If so I guess we have to get to the Bruges train station from the Zeebrugge station? Or just take a taxi to Bruges. Maybe I am just confused!! Help Please.

Thanks,

I need to look at the maps in more detail.

Yes it is the Bruges train station. The beginging sentence in the walking tour says " we have chosen the main train station in Bruges as the start of this walk". I guess I thought Zeebrugge and Bruges where the same thing. Are there two train stations? I think this map will help thanks so much. If so I guess we have to get to the Bruges train station from the Zeebrugge station? Or just take a taxi to Bruges. Maybe I am just confused!! Help Please.

Thanks,

I need to look at the maps in more detail.

Yes you need to get from Zeebruges via train (or taxi) to Bruges

By train it is about 15 min from Blankenberge station to Bruge

Enjoy the tour

Lyn

• 2 years later...

Sorry to wake up an old thread, but this one has a lot of discussion about Jay's walking tours. His domain was not renewed so we lost access to a wonderful resource. I have found some of his tours in PDF form on the net and as I find them I am including them on my ports information pages. If anyone here downloaded any of Jay's walks in the past and still have them, if you send them to me (jgw321@gmail.com) I will add them to my site. The ones I have are: Tallinn, Amsterdam and Haarlem (from Amsterdam).

• 11 months later...
If you go to the following site for the Walking Tour of Bruges, Belgium, you see a link to the printable version.

http://www.********.com/Brugge%205.html

I tried to access for our upcoming day in Bruges with no luck - help!

Your link is broken. If your URL contains a domain that is forbidden in CC posts it will not work. If you send me (jgw321@gmail.com) the link I will try and sort it out for you.

I had to guess where your link pointed to.

Possibility 1 Jay's site. This domain was not renewed and his tours are lost, (see my previous post).

Possibility 2 Pieter.Blommaert's walk. This is in HTML and not a PDF but you can create one from it by using a PDF writer pseudo printer. I haven't done this as I am not sure if it is the one you want.

Your link is broken. If your URL contains a domain that is forbidden in CC posts it will not work. If you send me (jgw321@gmail.com) the link I will try and sort it out for you.

I had to guess where your link pointed to.

Possibility 1 Jay's site. This domain was not renewed and his tours are lost, (see my previous post).

Possibility 2 Pieter.Blommaert's walk. This is in HTML and not a PDF but you can create one from it by using a PDF writer pseudo printer. I haven't done this as I am not sure if it is the one you want.

I think they just quoted the first post in this 9 year-old thread...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think they just quoted the first post in this 9 year-old thread...

I am not sure, that was Jay's (Lair Bear) link and this one seemed different. Hard to tell as the * splatter has wiped out the domain. I found one linked to from Trip Advisor but couldn't save it as a PDF so I spent all day converting the HTML only to find I couldn't save my one either. (An error in my Opera settings - Doh!)

Anyway I now have a PDF version of a Bruges walking tour at http://sturnidae.com/cruises/PW.pdf. I never read Jay's one, but this strikes me as good as his Tallinn one. I just wish I had his email in case he still has the originals on his PC. I'd convert them if needed.

I don't know anything about the walking tours. But, we were here last summer and loved this city. It was so easy to walk around. I did use Google maps on my phone to get us around too. Although we also knew what things we wanted to go see since we had a little guidebook I picked up at a used book store.

It's an exact cut and paste of the second paragraph of post 1....

But with a lot of white space added. Maybe they left the PC logged on and junior had a go.

Yes sorry, I don't know what I looked at but I had not realised that this was a multi-page thread, I assumed it was only one page,

I never got sent any saved versions of Jay's walks, a pity as they were so good. Tom's port guides are good for the ports. but not so good for self guided walks.