Vantage cruises(Can you do this?)

jc foster

Absolutely! We will be sailing with Vantage and we used miles to pay for our airfare. The only downside is that we have to pay for our own transfers to and from the ship

IMO, the hotel packages are overpriced. We make our own reservations and save between a third and half the cost.

Check with Vantage because they have recently changed many of their policies. You can purchase your own air, but you MIGHT be able to purchase airport transfers from Vantage as well. This is something that was never done before. I have no idea what the cost is, but I did see a blurb saying that now you could.

We purchased a post cruise extension for our trip that begins next week. We did not purchase air fare through Vantage as we saved a lot of money booking our own air. You can now purchase transfers without the air, but it seemed pricey to us, $150 pp. I don't believe a taxi on both ends would be more than 60 euro total.

We purchased a post cruise extension for our trip that begins next week. We did not purchase air fare through Vantage as we saved a lot of money booking our own air. You can now purchase transfers without the air, but it seemed pricey to us, $150 pp. I don't believe a taxi on both ends would be more than 60 euro total.

Wow, that IS pricey! I should think for $300 you could hire a limo to pick you up!

Wow, that IS pricey! I should think for $300 you could hire a limo to pick you up!

I just learned from Vantage, too late to help us since we leave in 5 days, that the price would have only been $25 pp for each leg ($100 total). Evidently, the first price quoted had come from an agent that didn't realizes we had booked the post cruise extension in Amsterdam, which would have required a transfer from Cologne.

I just learned from Vantage, too late to help us since we leave in 5 days, that the price would have only been $25 pp for each leg ($100 total). Evidently, the first price quoted had come from an agent that didn't realizes we had booked the post cruise extension in Amsterdam, which would have required a transfer from Cologne.

You know Poulsbo, I have traveled with Vantage 6 times but when I booked my next trip I had an agent quote me a price of $22,000 for two of us. I accused her of smoking crack and advised her that she had priced us out of the market for Vantage. Bottom line is, Vantage called me back daily for about a week and the price dropped drastically. Ask them for a refund, or voucher or something, they're usually pretty good when they've made a mistake. I wonder if we had the same person on the phone...I wonder if she still works there!

Archived